Part-Time Lead Four Year Old Preschool Teacher (HIRED)
First Presbyterian Church Weekday School is a part-day preschool for children who are 13 months to five years old. Our school operates from 9:05 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., September through May. Located in Uptown Charlotte, the Weekday School has nurtured the growth of children and their families in the heart of Charlotte since 1990. We are currently seeking a Lead 4’s Preschool Teacher. This individual will plan and implement developmentally appropriate lessons for the children and also supervise and manage the class.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Plan, implement and supervise the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Weekday School, First Presbyterian Church and NAEYC criteria.
• Offer age-appropriate activities and lessons for the class, as well as ensure that the classroom expectations are developmentally appropriate.
• Treat all children with the utmost dignity and respect.
• Attend all staff meetings and teacher workdays. Utilize teacher resources books and attend recommended training programs to enhance your skills as a teacher.
• Implement methods of positive communication with parents. Communicate frequently (3 times a month) with parents through detailed email communication (including photos from class activities).
• Assist with the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor and learning environment of the classroom.
• Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff, both in the classroom and throughout the entire school.
• Demonstrate appropriate health and safety practices for the classroom and children.
• Conduct evaluation procedures needed to assess developmental levels of children and use this data to plan and lead Parent-Teacher conferences.
• Adapt the curriculum and classroom policies to the needs of individual children. Show awareness of children’s interests, special talents, special needs and individual learning styles.
• Complete independent school recommendations when requested by parents.
What we are looking for:
• 2-5 years of teaching experience (preferably as a Kindergarten or first-grade teacher).
• Early childhood or elementary education degree, preferred.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Knowledgeable of early childhood best practices.
• Ability to manage a classroom.
• Positive, patient and cheerful demeanor with children and adults.
• Professional written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly process new information and think critically.
• Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly.
• Ability to make informed decisions.
• Effective communicator.
• Self-starter, motivated and flexible attitude.