The Golden Carrot is a retail jewelry store dedicated to carrying a special selection of carefully curated fine jewelry with a delicate aesthetic, handmade by independent designers (check out our Instagram). We are re-opening our brick and mortar shop in South End’s Atherton Mill and are currently seeking a full-time Store Manager.
This position will spearhead all day-to-day functions by delegating and jointly participating in all in-store and online/e-commerce needs (customer service, scheduling, filing, POS data input, inventory updates, website management and social media contributions). You will work in tandem with the owner, on most everything including store events, merchandising and design evaluation. Candidates must be responsible, organized and pay high attention to detail and quality. Excellent customer service skills are needed. Prior jewelry experience is not required, but an overall appreciation for fine jewelry is a bonus. Our aim is to build genuine relationships with our customers and therefore an open, friendly demeanor is extremely important.
• Demonstrate a complete knowledge of the designers and a thorough understanding of the merchandise.
• Determine each customer’s unique needs and offer suggestions and/or alternatives when needed.
• Operate the POS system (Shopify).
• Field repairs and special orders by acting as a liaison between the vendor and customer.
• Quarterly inventory checks.
• Re-stocking inventory on the sales floor.
• Maintaining up to date price-lists.
• Preparing Purchase Orders.
• Receiving, inspecting and checking-in fulfilled Purchase Orders.
• Styling and remerchandising the product and storefront window.
• Website maintenance and upkeep (products, images, descriptions, etc).
• Must be proficient at data entry exercises in Shopify, Quickbooks, Excel, etc.
• Marketing and raising brand awareness via social media platforms.
• Developing periodic email campaigns using Adobe programs.
• Helping to maintain the brand’s strong presence on Instagram through photography coordination and frequent posting.
• Ensuring timely fulfillment of all purchase orders, custom orders and repairs.
• Going the extra mile to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
• Making sound, well-informed and objective decisions that positively impact business results.
• Support all day-to-day store functions and e-comm shipping as needed.
• Sales associate training, scheduling and management.
• Attend store functions, events, photoshoots and meetings as necessary.
• Compensation is based on experience.
• This is a full time position with salary pay.
• The schedule is working 5 days a week, with one weekend day required.
• Must be based in Charlotte and have reliable transportation.
Send resume along with a brief statement about why you think you would be a good fit to email@example.com, subject line Store Manager.