If you are driven to advance your career in healthcare this is the place to be. We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 96 years. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care and a full list of ancillary departments and services. Your work will be making a difference every day in attracting, rewarding and retaining the exceptional teams that support our physicians in taking excellent care of every patient.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat has provided best in class ophthalmology and otolaryngology services in the Charlotte metro areas for over 95 years. In April 2017, Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat implemented Epic, a state of the art healthcare record platform used by over 250 million patients around the word. This ground-breaking platform allows Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat to provide optimum care for our patents. We are currently seeking to add to our Epic team. As a Revenue Cycle Analyst, this role will design, configure, test and support software products for the Epic Professional Billing applications. As the primary contact and expert of the application to troubleshoot problems and issues, will work with a team to ensure the software is working at its optimum level.
Strong candidates would have a background in healthcare revenue cycle and have a passion for solving problems to create better faster and more efficient ways to meet goals. Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat will pay for all necessary training including the opportunity to obtain certification in Epic’s software. Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and members of leadership to analyze trends and provide solutions to areas of opportunity.
• Perform analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Epic Professional Billing applications and related clinical information systems.
• Configure vendor applications and products.
• Develop and modify system configurations to meet design requirements and conform to organizational build guidelines and best practices.
• Proactively identify impact of changes upon other applications and downstream systems.
• Create and maintain all necessary documentation for application implementation, support and changes.
• Provide support for the software and related integrated elements. Troubleshoot and track issues and problems. Audit user-entered data.
• Conduct testing for quarterly updates, ad-hoc changes and new workflows to ensure test scenarios are adequately documented. Monitor behavior of recently migrated components in the production environment.
• Availability 1-2 evenings a quarter for system updates.
• Occasional travel to other local offices to accommodate user needs.
• Occasional travel (inside and outside of NC and SC) for training classes, implementations and conferences.
Ideal skills and education:
• Proficient in complex troubleshooting, problem-solving and root cause analysis on development and production support related issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task in a busy and constantly changing environment.
• Project management skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Office 365.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and projects by applying project planning and project management methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience healthcare revenue cycle and awareness of changing trends in healthcare reimbursement and governmental requirements.
• An active Epic (2018+) Epic Professional Billing, Electronic Claims or Electronic Remittance certification preferred but is not required.
• Ability to understand the technical aspects of applications and integrated tools used to complete the business cycle.
• Ability to identify key business processes to validate and or re-engineer for optimum integration with Epic modules with an ability to apply business analysis tools and plan and manage actions in response to changing business needs.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.