Digital Marketing Manager (HIRED)
Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled startup based in Charlotte, NC that’s revolutionizing the pet care industry through a top-notch team and cutting-edge technology. We provide pet owners with an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and care. With same-day scheduling, GPS tracking on all walks and pet photos for every visit, Skipper helps clients “ditch the dog guilt”. As of 2019, we’re the only dog walking company with automated route scheduling for our team of dog walkers using our custom software. Come join our team of dog lovers and be a part of the “next big thing” in pet care.
Skipper is looking for a leader to help plan, manage and execute our B2B and B2C marketing strategy. The ideal candidate loves data and is an outgoing, hands-on, highly motivated, reliable, relationship-driven leader with a proven ability to work in a small team and promote a community-focused business.
This role is responsible for:
• Managing our marketing team.
• Conducting marketing research.
• Implementing marketing strategies.
• Conducting performance analysis.
• You’ll build and execute go-to-market growth strategies for both our B2C and B2B existing and emerging verticals and serve as an ambassador of our company values and culture.
• You’ll manage our marketing team and oversee all marketing initiatives to successfully achieve growth targets.
What you’ll do:
• Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip market campaigns.
• Be accountable for the marketing budget and growth targets for Charlotte, Austin and Dallas, address underperforming areas and refine goals as the business matures.
• Stay ahead of marketing trends while creating effective, on-brand and compellingly positioned messaging and sales tools.
• Execute marketing campaigns and analyze performance that leverage behavioral interest profiling to drive new client acquisition and sales revenue.
• Partner with the product team to effectively launch product and service offerings that enable us to grow even faster.
• Work closely with our operations, hiring and product teams to run marketing experiments, surface insights and develop client acquisition and engagement strategies through new and existing high-traction, client acquisition channels.
• Collaborate to create, launch and track the performance of marketing campaigns across all our markets.
• Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Demonstrate effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization.
What we’d love to see:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• 4-6 years of progressive marketing experience.
• Strong experience with digital marketing.
• You’re data-driven with a test-and-iterate approach, you believe in our mission and are ready to roll up your sleeves to bring better dog walking to market.
• You’re analytically-minded and detail oriented with outstanding communications skills.
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
• You’re always learning, growing and eager to become more self-aware and expand your capabilities.
• You’re decisive, metrics-driven and can build trust with a wide range of audiences.
• You have experience growing a business in a leadership capacity.
• You lead with integrity, you’re quick to take responsibility for mistakes and share your wins with the team.
• Must love dogs!
• Competitive compensation with health benefits.
• Unlimited PTO plan.
• Free lunches.