Report Writer (HIRED)
If you are driven to advance your career in healthcare informatics, Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA) is the place to be. CEENTA has been the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for nearly a century. We are the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast, with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care and a full list of ancillary departments and services. In April 2017, Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat implemented Epic, a state-of-the-art healthcare record platform used by over 250 million patients around the word. This groundbreaking platform allows CEENTA to provide optimum care for our patents. Now, we are seeking to add to a Report Writer to our Epic team’s Data Analytics group.
Strong candidates would have a background in healthcare informatics and have a passion for solving problems by providing data and analysis that positively impact quality outcomes. CEENTA will pay for all necessary training, including the opportunity to obtain certification in Epic’s software. Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a background in healthcare informatics. The staff member in this role will analyze, provide specifications for and write individual reports utilizing skills in SQL and Crystal Reports. Working with the Epic and Data Analytics team, they will focus on system support, maintenance, analysis, design, specifications documentation, change control and versioning of all reporting components used to build, manage and perform reporting.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and members of leadership to analyze trends and provide solutions to areas of opportunity.
• Define report requirements, design/develop/test/install/implements report-based programs, report programming designs and code/test/debug/document system scripts, programs and reports in application, web and database environments.
• Validate model system reports and identify advanced reporting needs with report consumers.
• Meet with Epic application coordinators and report consumers to understand their reporting needs.
• Design and document the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for a report/database.
• Assess reporting needs for senior leadership and shareholders through investigations, analysis and evaluation to create desired reports.
• Receive and document formal requests including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.)
• Create complex operational and project-related reports including analysis, design, documentation, versioning development, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support for Epic Clarity and Chronicles reports.
• Maintain existing reports and analyze/evaluate requirements for new modified reports/databases.
• Maintain data integrity and the ongoing quality control of delivered reports. Validate system build/reports designs, perform audit and report findings of security and data controls.
• Consult with and advise vendors and technical groups concerning the continued support of reports and databases.
• Recommend changes to established guidelines, standards, methodologies and conventions as appropriate.
• Analyze, design, document, develop, test, implement and maintain reporting user interfaces including alerts, prompts, screens, dashboards and templates.
• Prepare report management documentation to manage reports library, track project progress and report problems in a timely fashion. Provide documentation and training to transfer knowledge.
• Collaborate and partner with executive leadership, shareholders and leaders within information systems, clinic operations, management and reporting. Document main points, issues and key decisions.
Essential skills and knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge and experience with relational database concepts and query tools. Sound knowledge of SQL tuning and data extraction methodologies. Ability to use OLAP and OLTP technologies along with knowledge of data warehouses/data stores and data marts to execute SQL query techniques.
• Strong background in programming, systems analysis, design and problem-solving.
• The ability to translate user requirements into functional and design specifications, communicate with report consumers to gather specifications, review designs, present drafts and validate results.
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of healthcare-related operations, procedures/functions and the relationships between them.
• Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with the project team and key clinical stakeholders, including business services, nurses and physicians. Work closely and collaboratively with other project team members including business and clinical leaders.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities by participating and sometimes facilitating building, planning and problem-solving discussions with project teams, clinicians and leadership.
• Strong organization, analysis and problem-solving skills required, with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent business analytical skills and general knowledge of statistics.
• The ability to adapt to a changing environment, solve problems and develop solutions.
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office or similar software required.
Educational and experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Information Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience (3 years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of educational requirement).
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and Crystal Reporting required.
• Knowledge of reporting programs and tools reports creation and maintenance, including Epic Reporting Workbench, Epic Clarity, Chronicles and Crystal Reports writing would be preferred but not required.
• Experience with business or clinical computer systems in the areas of data/information warehousing data and reporting of such data required. Solid understanding of computer systems, interfaces, software and IT functions.
• Familiar with HIPAA, JCAHO and other regulations that impact hospitals and clinics.
CEENTA offers a competitive benefits package, including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer-matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.