The Business Development Assistant is an integral member of FFTC’s Development team. This position supports the Philanthropic Advancement team to maximize efficiency and allow focus on Foundation growth to positively impact our donors, grantees and prospects. Responsibilities include administrative and organizational support to members focused on new business, supporting our business development and client stewardship efforts and helping ensure the team runs smoothly. The position includes direct contact with Professional Advisors, donors and prospects. Position offers the opportunity for career growth for the right person that has an interest in gaining knowledge of FFTC products, planned giving and understanding charitable planning issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Supports development of new business with administrative support – assist with preparing PowerPoint presentations, drafting key business letters and other documents. Performs other business development tasks, including scheduling and confirming meetings and preparing prospecting/presentation packets for PA Team.
• Manage an active calendar of appointments (calendaring, scheduling appointments) and coordinate with other staff members to ensure timely completion of action items identified at meetings or otherwise specified by the BD team.
• Perform prospect research and review, prep for prospect meetings, designing and maintaining prospect tracking system for sales performance monitoring and maintain diary system for follow-ups.
• Enter and maintain additional client data in FFTC’s computer systems. The position is responsible for keeping prospect and donor information up-to-date and creating a variety of donor reports for the development department.
• Handles communications for the business development team, as needed, including phone calls, e-mails, faxes and other communications.
• Provides support for Centers for Giving events and programs, including event logistics. Assist with special events planning, preparation and execution as well as processing of online RSVPs and coordinating catering.
• Provide prompt, high level customer service support in response to calls related to funds and general questions regarding the work of the Foundation.
• Assist with filing, professional staff certifications and professional development, action entries, making travel arrangements and creating expense reports.
• Assist with questions regarding online Fund accounts and draft grant recommendations for fundholders when needed.
• Create spreadsheets, charts and review prepared documentation for accuracy.
• Dashboard/tracking scorecard for sales pipeline.
• Project support as assigned.
• Meet and greet visitors for department meetings.
• Provide backup coverage for Receptionist.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field.
• 1-2 years relevant work experience in fundraising, business development or similar field preferred.
• Experience working in a larger tax-exempt organization or financial institution is ideal.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience working with a fundraising database (i.e., Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect, etc) is a plus.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Must use considerable tact, diplomacy and judgment with confidential information.
• Responsive, service-oriented work-style.
• Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
• Ability to multi-task, be adaptable, work under pressure and maintain deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Calm, effective style, able to solve problems and diffuse issues and navigate competing deliverables.
• Contributes to an enjoyable and professional work environment.