Information Technology Manager
Wyndham Capital Mortgage’s corporate culture empowers our employees. We strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems and processes. We also believe in a deeply rooted culture based on caring for our employees in ways that will empower them to care for each other and our customers. Wyndham Capital Mortgage, founded in 2001, is a Direct to Consumer Lender, active in 45+ States and has more than 200 employees in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is looking for an Information Technology Manager to join our Technology team who can aid in streamlining the operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization and support development projects designed to increase sales, improve productivity and efficiency, reduce costs and/or drive the company vision. The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual who has a creative and analytical mindset that works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This role is designed for an applicant with strong business acumen, preferably in the mortgage or financial services industry and an understanding of the software delivery lifecycle.
What you will do:
• Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
• Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
• Designing training programs and workshops for staff.
• Conducting regular system audits.
• Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
• Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement.
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices and user projects.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
• Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with business leaders and partners, project sponsors.
• Communicating effectively with business leaders, development teams and end users regarding project status/priority and capacity constraints.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years’ experience managing cross-functional teams consisting of project management, business analysis, development, quality assurance testing and production support.
• Familiarity with networking, infrastructure and hardware concepts.
• Experience writing Business Requirements.
• Financial institution experience is preferred, Mortgage Lending loan origination system familiarity/experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with Ellie Mae Encompass, CRM, LOS and Pricing Engine is a strong consideration.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
• BA Computer Science or related degree preferred.
Who you are:
• Strives to provide +1 Service to ensure success, to both internal teams and external clients.
• Has the upmost integrity, period.
• Is naturally curious – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job.
• Knows how to make smart, informed decisions.
• Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious!
• Cares about your work and performance and you want to provide impact across the organization.
• At times, can be innovative and not afraid to bring big thinking and ideas to the table.
• Is able to deliver influential communication to others.
• You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to have fun at work!
• Group health coverage (medical, dental and vision).
• Paid Time Off.
• Employee Assistance Programs.
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA).
• 401(k) plan (with company match).
• Company provided life insurance.
• Pet Insurance.
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off.
• Employee discounts (fitness and phone).