Senior Associate Director, Corporate Relations Charlotte
Leads corporate/community relations in Charlotte for the School of Business. In collaboration with the Charlotte MBA Program leadership, formulates and executes corporate and community outreach strategies to ensure that the Wake Forest University Charlotte MBA program is the preferred business education provider in the Charlotte community.
• Establishes, maintains and manages a corporate relations network in the greater Charlotte community to support Enrollment Management (EM), Market Readiness and Employment (MRE) and extra-curricular activities for the Charlotte MBA program.
• Collaborates with Alumni Relations and University Advancement teams to optimize alumni engagement in corporate relations initiatives.
• Plans and leads the development of key programs (corporate partnerships, Lunch & Learns and other career networking events/workshops, industry panels, executive-in-residence, etc.) to achieve our annual enrollment and student satisfaction goals.
• Serves as the primary Business School representative for the Charlotte Executive Advisory Board (CEAB). Works with the president of the CEAB to develop support for and engagement in Charlotte MBA Program for admissions, in-residence opportunities, industry networking connections and other corporate development initiatives.
• Continuously monitors student input and corporate input to ensure opportunities for improvement in community outreach are identified on a regular basis.
• Works in collaboration with centers of excellence, marketing, shared services and other key stakeholders to develop and implement effective strategies and practices aligned with the School of Business’s brand, mission and vision in the Charlotte business community.
• Performs other related duties/projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA or Master’s in business-related discipline or higher education administration preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Extensive corporate/business development experience, connections in the greater Charlotte community strongly preferred.
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
• Ability to be creative and sensitive to market changes.
• Demonstrates ability to be a self-starter, one who takes initiative and who can work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally, courteously and effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse and remotely located community
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong command of grammar and English usage in professional business communications, which includes accuracy in proofreading, composing correspondence, editing and typing.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, to handle conflicting pieces of information and to prioritize as necessary.
• Proficiency in technical and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, calendaring software, the Internet and other relevant software or desire and ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and records in accordance with state and federal laws and professional ethics, ability to manage and distribute information appropriately.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.