Vendor Manager (HIRED)
CSWO Global Resource Vendor Management team is accountable for managing complex vendor relationship providing IT and IT-enabled services to Bank of America. The team is responsible for the entire vendor life cycle – maintaining relationships with vendor/s and FLUs who utilize the products/services to ensure contract compliance and process adherence to both enterprise and Global Business Services in offshore dedicated locations and onshore with specific requirements.
• Manages performance and mitigates risk for assigned Enterprise Critical vendors, who support numerous FLUs and multiple services.
• Identifies potential risks, implements key controls and is accountable for validating BAC’s performance and risk objectives are met through contract adherence.
• Influences peers and senior management across lines of business to take action on complex, technical or sensitive topics that have significant companywide impact.
• Responsible for proactively identifying issues and emerging risks and bringing immediate visibility to appropriate senior leaders and for managing incremental deliverables and stakeholder routines in accordance with Enterprise Critical Standards.
• Acts as escalation point for major issues and ensures execution of cross-functional objectives and strategies for relationships managed within the portfolios.
• Proactively manages the satisfaction of the business with the vendor to constantly reevaluate their needs. Influences the vendor’s technology direction in order to support BAC direction.
• Participation in Resource Management strategic initiatives, involving program and operating model transformation.
• Facilitates cross functional communication and work efforts between Vendor Managers and LOB stakeholders.
• Develops and executes cross-functional objectives and strategies for relationships managed. Report on vendor risk at the Vendor, Line of Business/ Governance and Control Functions (LOB/GCF) and Enterprise levels.
• Responsible for the coordination and execution of enterprise Third Party Vendor Management Program deliverables.
• Interacts with other internal stakeholders, such as LOB/GCF, Audit, Compliance and Risk to understand and enforce vendor adherence to standards and specifications.
• BE/B-Tech/MCA degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience in the IT industry.
• Knowledge of Third Party Requirements including sourcing process, mastery using VRPM, VIPR and Ariba, advanced level of excel.
• Leader with strong project/program management, problem-solving and analysis, written/verbal communication (framing and storytelling) and interpersonal skills with senior leaders.
• Strong relationship management skills, using key relationships to build trust/credibility and promote objectives.
• Ability to influence and work well with multiple business partners.
• Strategic thinker with problem-solving and impeccable follow-up techniques
• Expertise with understanding legal, risk and audit issues related to vendor management.
• Demonstrated success in leading and managing through change or continuously evolving environment.
• Proven ability to performance manage vendors and drive continuous vendor improvement (inclusive of day-to-day performance management, QA and QC, analyzing performance and utilizing tools to reduce cost or risk or increase the value of the outsourced product or service.
• Proven ability to assume a leadership role in resolving issues and acting as an arbiter/mediator between internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated results orientation, implementing practices and processes that drive accountability, willing to reexamine and adjust where necessary.
• Direct experience managing technology vendors and/or leading technical organizations.
• Experience working on or leading large remote teams.
• Comfortable in working in a constantly evolving environment.