Director of Development
Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that inspires boys to be themselves, be active and belong. With a comprehensive curriculum that applies the power of running, the program encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional and social health, in addition to their physical health. Each fall and spring season culminates in a 5k race festival that celebrates the boys’ personal growth. Let Me Run is headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
Let Me Run is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Development. This individual is responsible for building a true Development team and function at the organization, including a yearly comprehensive plan to secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations. The Director will manage all communications, fundraising and development initiatives to help achieve the strategic vision of the organization and fund its program and operations.
Management of revenue
• Achieve contributed revenue goal of $500K from individuals, groups, corporations and events.
• Plan and execute 2-3 signature fundraising events annually, in addition to smaller cultivation events quarterly.
Strategic development and planning
• Design and oversee implementation of a multi-year strategic development plan to increase restricted and unrestricted funds. Plan will align to the new strategic plan being developed for the organization.
• Provide leadership, vision and strategic planning to ensure the successful functioning of the organizational infrastructure required to support the development program.
• Provide support and leadership to Regional Directors for local fundraising efforts.
• Maintain a portfolio of donors, identify new donors capable of making transformative gifts, personally solicit and steward donors with participation from the Executive Director, Founder and Board of Directors.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of Let Me Run’s program and priorities to effectively promote its mission.
• Minimum 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years managing fundraising efforts in varied revenue streams.
• Interest and experience in building a development team and culture.
• Thinks in strategic and collaborative ways.
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Experience with current generation donor software.
• Is highly self-motivated and consistently meets deadlines.
• Is highly organized and pays attention to details.
• Must have Charlotte area contacts and network.
• Knowledge of US tax and charitable gift laws and compliance procedures and practices.
• Passionate about the cause and mission of Let Me Run.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.