Financial Management Consultant (CPA, Controller)
CREO, Inc. is an innovative management consulting and advisory firm based in Research Triangle Park, with operations in Charlotte, NC. CREO helps its clients operate effectively, freeing them to apply their talents, pursue their mission and realize their vision through a focus on effective operations and organizational health. CREO’s senior team of advisors works shoulder-to-shoulder with clients to solve their toughest challenges and realize their biggest opportunities. To learn more, visit our website.
CREO is seeking a consulting team member with strong accounting, financial management and financial operations processing skills to support our growing Financial Management practice in the Charlotte, NC market. We are looking for an individual who possesses exceptional customer service skills to help our clients assess, design, improve and implement solutions to improve financial results, solve complex business problems and meet organizational objectives. Our ideal consultant will have experience working in various industries, including nonprofit, professional services, technology services, health services, life sciences and construction. Consultant will work in multiple locations in the Charlotte, NC geographic area, including client sites, CREO-designated locations and other approved remote locations.
• Work with consulting team and client personnel to assess existing processes, internal controls and reporting requirements to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Utilize project management skills to implement accounting process improvements.
• Create and update written internal controls, accounting policies and procedures to support client needs.
• Provide support to clients in managing day-to-day accounting transactions and month-end closings.
• Create custom financial reports, dashboards and performance analyses.
• Develop cash flow models for analysis and projections.
• Support clients in preparing for and managing annual financial audits.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• BA/BS in Accounting, Business or related field.
• CPA or related professional certification (CMA, CIA, CFE or other qualified accounting certifications).
• 3+ years’ experience in public accounting or 5+ years’ experience in full-charge accounting roles.
• Knowledge of and practical experience applying generally accepted accounting principles.
• Tested ability to seek out ways to improve processes and measure inefficiencies.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience evaluating and implementing accounting systems.
• Business acumen as it relates to forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis and data interpretation.
• Demonstrated ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
• Advanced Excel knowledge and proficiency.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and consulting skills.
• Success in working independently to manage and prioritize activities for multiple clients and deadlines.
• MBA or MAC.
• Prior consulting experience.
• Experience with multiple accounting systems, including QuickBooks, Intacct, Financial Edge, Deltek, etc.
Email resume and inquiries to email@example.com.