With ambitions like ours, we need a powerful voice to communicate our manufacturing strategy. As our Corporate Communications function continues to mature into its role as a driving force in the business, our team is finding opportunities to apply its skills and competencies in different ways. As the Manufacturing Communications Manager for Business Area North America (BA NA), you will shape, influence and collaborate in order to communicate growth and change within our factories and operations. This role can be based in either Charlotte, NC or Springfield, TN.
You will functionally lead and develop the team of day to day communication specialists. You will partner with the BA NA Manufacturing and Operations leadership. Two-thirds of our employees help manufacture more than 14 million appliances each year and you will positively impact their knowledge and ability to do their jobs. You will be part of the BA NA Corporate Communications team where you will contribute significantly to support, develop and implement our strategy.
• Develop and implement communications programs and messages, driving them throughout our manufacturing teams.
• Oversee team of three functional reports.
• Be a voice to — and from — our manufacturing workforce.
• Be responsible for our great employee app and manufacturing communication channels, creating and pushing daily content
• Serve as communications counsel to Operations team.
• Main point of contact for Global Operations teams by providing information and analysis of current and future communications performance and by implementing global communications across our manufacturing teams.
• Measure and monitor communication results.
• Assist Corporate Communications teammates with external communications and community relations in our factory communities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• You possess a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field and have 7-10 years of experience in relevant communications roles, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• You bring passion for the business, the highest integrity and you are a strong influencer.
• You plan and organize your workload with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
• You are excited about finding great business stories and can write about them creatively.
• You have a “can do attitude” and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance through a process minded attitude.
• You are a doer with a strong work ethic and inspire the same in others.
• You build strong partnerships with the business and effectively collaborate with others to drive results.
• The ideal candidate must have high energy, charisma and a positive attitude. You are great at establishing and nurturing a solid and sustainable network with peers and colleagues in an international environment.