The Gantt Center is in search of an energetic and creative Digital Marketing Specialist who will strategically create and implement a comprehensive digital marketing strategy for the organization with a focus on social media, digital communications, collateral design and audience engagement. He or she will work with other staff members as needed—in a fast paced environment— to ensure that all communications are organized, intentional, effective and sustainable. Develop impactful digital communication ideas that convert audiences into regular patrons, members and donors. The Digital Marketing Specialist will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
Social media marketing, email marketing and content development
• Manage, maintain and consistently engage audiences through the organization’s social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube and Pinterest, with an overall goal of building audience capacity.
• Integrate digital communication plan into overall marketing strategy for goal alignment.
• Coordinate robust digital communication strategies and timelines for all exhibitions, programs, development efforts, events, products, event rentals and services.
• Write, edit and distribute content for all digital channels and marketing collateral including but not limited to content for social media channels, newsletters, website, review sites.
• Manage social media platforms through tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social and Loomly.
Graphic design, print production, website management
• Brainstorm and create printed collateral, digital designs and content that illustrates, captures and consistently elevates the organization’s unique brand.
• Develop and maintain consistent branding and messaging across all digital and non-digital marketing collateral and platforms, while creating collateral that captures the target audience.
• Work closely with external web designer and provide web content and design updates in a timely manner, understand the basics of how to update web content and work with web designer to implement.
• Oversee all print production and collateral distribution needs from printer/vendor price comparisons to delivery of final product through coordination of in person meetings as needed, pick-up and drop-off of equipment for programs/events and distribute printed collateral internally and to partner sites, submit work orders to external vendors and contractors.
Audience engagement, events, photography and videography
• Attend all events and programs both internally and externally to market the institution. Intentionally interact with program and event attendees to capture audience feedback, photos and videos and post on social media channels in real-time.
• Ensure audience engagement plan is well thought out, tailored and executed for each dimension of the Gantt Center’s work, programs, events, services and offerings.
• Capture, edit, share and post photos and videos from all programs and events that illustrate who we are and our impact in the community.
• Communicate organizational programs and events strategically through community calendars and other channels that will increase audiences for the Gantt Center.
Reporting, data and consumer analytics
• Keep accurate records of all digital interactions of audiences from review sites, social media and other channels within database.
• Track growth of email lists and social media networks and determine audience growth metrics for organizational programs and events in collaboration with Visitor Experiences team.
• Report on digital communication strategy effectiveness regularly for all digital assets and content shared publicly through the various channels, develop contingency plans as needed.
• Regularly provide comprehensive data, digital audits and email marketing metrics.
• Creative thinker with great energy and out of the box ideas.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis is a must.
• Demonstrates positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail, strong planning and organizational skills.
• Takes initiative and is able to handle a high volume of work while adhering to deadlines.
• Willingness to learn and grow, coachable and goal driven.
• Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Must be advanced in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator preferably on a Macintosh Platform, PC platform and additional skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Spark preferred.
• Exemplary writing, editing skills and content creation skills are a must.
• Experience planning, creating and executing a robust social media strategy required.
• Experience with email marketing platforms such MailChimp and Constant Contact.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).