VP Investment Banking (HIRED)
Duties and responsibilities:
• Works closely with senior banking professionals, product specialists, clients and other internal and external constituencies to help drive the business growth.
• Leads support work, business development and/or product/client relationship management.
• Assists in the generation of ideas and strategies for new business opportunities.
• Leads processes required to convert ideas to sales pitches, including due diligence execution and client pitch preparation.
• Leads all aspects of transaction execution, including organizing teams and handling engagement with internal and external constituencies, selling product and advisory ideas internally and externally and managing resolution of complex client transaction issues.
• May supervise junior staff (i.e., Analysts, Interns and Associates) by assigning and overseeing their day-to-day work.
• Follows all risk related practices and policies and may guide junior staff in risk initiatives.
• Serving in client relationship management roles, starts to assume certain important business development responsibilities. May be the No. 1 primary contact with certain client relationships and the No. 2 or No. 3 on relationships for others. Manages complex financial modeling, pitch-book production development, client relationship and deal team travel, etc.
• BA/BS degree.
• 8 years of related work experience.
• In-depth knowledge of investment banking, market, industry sector and/or financial products.
• Advanced skills in financial analytical, sales, presentation, client relationship management, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship management.
• Superior skills in written and oral communications.
• MBA degree, with a Finance focus.
• 10 years of related work experience.
• Experience in mentoring.