City Director (HIRED)
Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 400 cities around the world.
This role is with the Sofar Charlotte city team. The Sofar city team is responsible for coordinating and executing all city events, as well as scaling and growing the city. The city team strives to ensure all events are rewarding for ambassadors, memorable and rewarding for artists and magical for audiences. We are looking for an ambitious and creative team member who puts forth the drive to achieve goals and exceed them. We are looking for a well-rounded person who thinks outside of the responsibilities listed below.
• Manage all artist booking and outreach.
• Responsible for all pre and post-show communication to artists.
• Communicate Run of Show details, equipment and compensation.
• Organize artist release forms and upload to the website.
• Maintain artist lineups on the website.
• Research and suggest artists for review.
• Manage venue outreach and booking.
• Build and maintain host relationships (appreciation shows, monthly newsletters, happy hours).
• Responsible for pre and post-show communication with hosts.
• Organize venue safety checklists to ensure safety standards are met on initial site visit and during the event.
• Maintain venue information, photos and host T&C’s on the Sofar platform.
• Coordinate monthly ambassador event schedule.
• Responsible for all pre and post-show communication with ambassadors.
• Interview, onboard and train new ambassadors.
• Organize team meetings and improve team communications.
• Intern management.
• Add monthly event dates and information to the Sofar platform and maintain Run of Show documents.
• Attend and oversee events to check for event quality.
• Field customer service inquiries through ZenDesk and respond in a timely manner.
• Manage the invoice and payment/reimbursement for artists and contractors.
Growth and sustainability
• Work with Global to set and achieve financial goals.
• Work with Global to scale and grow audience size.
• Work with Global to set and achieve ticket inventory goals.
• Liaise with the partnerships team to execute all global partnerships in your local city.
• Ensure partnership events are executed in alignment with the partnership deliverables.
• Source, sell and execute local partnerships with compatible brands in your local city.
Skills and competencies:
• Well organized, process driven and detail oriented.
• Strong communication skills.
• Comfortable working to strict deadlines and solving problems under pressure.
• Able to wear many hats and take on varied tasks and projects.
• Possess a strong interest in music.
• Previous experience with Sofar (have you attended a Sofar show?).
• Previous experience in producing live music events (or events in general).
• Previous experience with customer service or hospitality.
• A strong understanding of the existing live and recorded music industry.
Why work with us:
Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. We’re a company of trust. What does that mean? If you need to take a break and go on a long walk, do it! If your family is in town and you want to spend the afternoon with them, do it! Need a vacation? Definitely do it! We trust our employees to take time when they need it. At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.
People who join Sofar Sounds have excitement and energy about what we’re doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike and this is reflected in the way they work.
We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community. The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat and needs to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.