By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
The Director of Business Planning will report to the Chief Growth Officer and is a vital role for the success of the CGO and the growth teams. The primary purpose of this role is to assist the CGO in driving the overall strategy and execution of predictable, sustainable and profitable revenue GROWTH for AvidXchange. The COS will provide strategic counsel to the Growth leadership team to help accomplish their mission and be a trusted advisor to the CGO. In this matrixed role, the COS will expand the overall bandwidth of the leadership team by driving clear communications, establishing highly efficient operating routines and meetings and identifying and removing barriers to overall team success.
• Help manage inbound and outbound communication internally to and from the Growth Org. Filter and prioritize inbound and refine outbound to drive alignment, reduce ambiguity and drive speed in connection with the Growth Org and Avid’s overall mission and objectives.
• Assist CGO in preparing internal communications including newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches or presentations.
• Assist CGO in driving an effective communications plan internally through town halls, weekly company meeting, weekend updates and skip levels to achieve our mission and objectives.
• Manage execution risks of Growth objectives by identifying and mitigating cross-functional gaps or roadblocks.
Planning, strategy and operating routines
• Assist CGO in preparing for key meetings with CEO, Board, Governance and Executive team meetings.
• Assist CGO in setting overall strategic priorities for the Growth Organization including the establishment of metrics, reporting and ongoing routines to drive successful execution of the goals and objectives.
• Managing the meeting cadence for the leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent and objectives are achieved.
• Planning and leading company retreats, step backs and other special events to drive execution of the overall objectives of the team and enhance teamwork.
• Leading annual strategic planning process for the Growth organization.
• Driving the effective use of Rhythm including WIS, project status, action items and KPI’s.
• Identify opportunities and drive improvement in growth team processes to improve how work gets done.
• Establish, assemble and document organizational policies, processes and procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
• Lead overall execution of critical cross-functional projects and initiatives sponsored by the CGO.
• From time to time, lead teams to drive decisions on certain urgent matters.
• Resolve/escalate roadblocks that threatens to delay or undermine successful outcome for target initiatives.
Experience and qualifications:
The successful candidate will have many qualities, including the following profile
• 7+ years related business experience in Operational Process Efficiency, Financial Analysis, Planning and Execution.
• 7+ years experience in strategic or management consulting as well as leading high-performing strategy consulting teams.
• 5+ years experience in a Finance or Technology related industry.
• Proven superior strategic, analytic and problem-solving experience, applied to creating business value.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field required, MBA a plus.
• 5+ years of experience leading and developing teams to achieve goals and objectives.
• Lean Certification or Six Sigma experience a plus.
• Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office, MS Project and VISIO.
• Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
• Project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Bias towards action and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
• Ability to synthesize complex projects and translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
• Advanced skill level or experience with Microsoft Power BI Application.
• A servant-leader mindset, confident and humble, highly self-aware.
• Very high self-awareness and EQ necessary to navigate organizational complexities.
• Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members.
• Ability to interpret data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
• Demonstrated change management leadership success.
• Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives enterprise-wide.
• A highly effective communicator, able to inspire others, build confidence and act as a cultural change agent.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.