The communications manager will be responsible for developing and executing communications plans for U.S. Bank’s Consumer and Business Banking (CBB) business lines in the East Region of the United States. This individual will be the communications link between the CBB regional executive, the broader CBB team and U.S. Bank’s Public Affairs & Communications team. This individual will report into the company’s centralized Public Affairs & Communications directly supporting the East Regional Executive, as well as the five CBB leaders within that market, ensuring consistency by staying closely connected to others with similar roles for other regions of the United States.
Their responsibilities will include providing expert communications consultation, assisting with the development of internal communications, media relations across the region, leading communications and employee engagement efforts for the regional team and providing additional support and resources, such as media coaching, speaking engagements and expanded storytelling opportunities. Additionally, the representative will be responsible for developing regional CBB communications plans that support and align with the overall CBB communications strategy. This representative will support the regional executive on additional projects to include off-site meetings, presentations for community engagement and client engagement.
This role requires outstanding communications skills, including strong writing and editing abilities, as well as the ability to manage highly complex projects with a multitude of stakeholders with the ultimate objective of driving business results.
• Executes strategic communication plans developed by Public Affairs & Communications.
• Provides executives with communications guidance related to core business line priorities/objectives with input from communication strategist.
• Proactive media relations for the bank across the East Consumer and Business Banking region.
• Works to implement communications strategies for the region in a way that builds our reputation internally and ensures a consistent employee experience.
• Responsible for secondary business line organizational announcements, such as team moves and new leaders who report into the regional executive leader.
• Partners with central Public Affairs & Communications team on major reorganizations, such as a reduction in force, adds to staff, cross-business line moves, new leaders, major new initiatives, etc.
• Writes and edits content for internal channels such as company intranet site, SharePoint, etc.
• Partners with the branch engagement team to manage communications to front line employees.
• Works with Human Resources and other internal partners on email list development and to execute distribution of targeted emails from the box of the aligned executive.
• Provides support for regional executive for community/external events including speaking remarks, staffing, etc.=
• Provides communications support to regional executives for all-team calls and meetings – works with appropriate internal partners on base messages and logistics, to ensure a consistent approach across each region.
• Collaborates with aligned communication strategist and regional peers to ensure consistency of message and no redundancy of efforts.
• Remains current with industry news, topics and trends.
• Proactive media relations for the bank across the Eastern Region.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field required.
• 7+ years in communication and/or public relations, with experience in financial services preferred.
• Based in Charlotte.
• Proves experience in developing and executing a clear strategy to help the company achieve its objectives.
• Comfortable operating in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Contemporary, creative approach to communication strategy
• Demonstrated leadership skills, diplomacy, and ability to gain buy-in from diverse teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Always do the right thing and represent USB with ethics and integrity.
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.