Project Manager (HIRED)
The position will be responsible for outlining and developing multiple concurrent projects in all areas of the organization. Primary project focus will be Continuous Improvement across the organization, including Raymond Lean Management, to improve company processes, systems and culture. Working with multiple stakeholders, this position will lead design of project goals and success markers and will determine how success is measured and tracked. The project manager will ensure projects remains on time and on budget and help motivate team members to hit goals. Acting as a liaison between the project team and upper-level management, this position will prepare and present progress reports and ensure projects are furthering organizational goals. The position will support and seek always to fulfill the guiding concepts as embodied in the philosophy, mission, values and vision adopted by Carolina Handling, LLC.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate internal and external resources for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Manage the relationship of all stakeholders within a project team.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Use and continually develop leadership skills.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Project or Organizational Management, Business Management or other appropriate fields of study. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of proven work experience in project management.
• Preferred working knowledge of Toyota Production System, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
• Strong ability to lead, motivate and coach associates, cross-functional teams and outside customers to drive business results.
• Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must exhibit an orientation to detail and ability to balance priorities.
• Must be familiar with the use of a personal computer, including MS Windows and MS Office business applications.
• Such other knowledge, skills and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time.
• Associate must regularly talk and hear, interfacing with customers by telephone or in person using good articulation and voice control.
• The Associate is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The Associate is occasionally required to stand for moderate amounts of time.
• The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable to the Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager. This position works closely with all departments and stakeholders at various levels within the organization. The level of authority is limited to established policies and procedures under guidelines of internal controls.
While preforming the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to work in a professional working environment with frequent interface with customers (internal and external) and vendors. Must be able to adapt to a busy office environment with rapidly changing priorities and a high volumes of information flow while remaining professional at all times. The Associate is occasionally exposed to a machine shop environment and hazards from equipment movement. This position will require overnight travel.