Senior Development and Training Specialist (HIRED)
• Leads major pieces of work (projects) that analyze trends and data to create curricula that in turn impact significant amounts of training content and major portions of the Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont enterprise.
• Create and revise training content, program materials, job aids, manuals, multimedia visual aids and reference materials (this also includes reviewing off-the-shelf products as needed) in alignment with the curricula strategies.
• Builds partnerships and collaborates with industry experts to determine skill requirements and training needs in high growth industries.
• Develops skills and competencies across GISP by using effective instructional design techniques to create and deliver programs, including but not limited to new team member orientation, computer training customer service and leadership development as well as adaptations to changes in policies and procedures.
• As needed, diagnosis and create skill development solutions to help GISP leaders solve specific issues, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
• Creates train-the-trainer process to assure consistency and use of materials for delivery.
• Selects or creates testing and assessment tools for entrance into programs as well as evaluation of training effectiveness.
• Supports Divisional Leadership Team meetings when requested.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of external resources and trends to maintain up to date and relevant content.
• Collaborates to build and support both internal and external relationships provide support needed to move training participants to family-sustaining employment (e.g. BRM, Career Navigation team, employers, etc.).
• As appropriate, enters data, maintains database(s) and prepares reports.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Human Resource Management, Organizational development, Adult Learning, Business or related field.
• 5 or more years’ experience developing, coordinating and conducting training.