Lantern & Scroll is a dynamic, young, growing company established in Charlotte in 2006, which has experienced rapid, linear, exponential growth ever since. Our company has grown over 1000% since founding and we are led by an innovative, creative team of flexible, adaptive thinkers who are committed to our customers, the product, the market, the city of Charlotte and to growing our company to be the number 1 American made lighting store in the United States.
What you will do:
• The role of Designer at Lantern & Scroll is a compilation of design, sales and visual merchandising.
• The Designer will take part in designing and editing current products and their coordinating cut sheets for strong communication with clients and the factory.
• The designer should be able to use visual means of communication through drawings and photos with clients to promote sales and help with visualization.
• The Designer will also take part in planning, designing and constructing concepts, new showrooms and trade show booths to further expand and grow the company and its brand.
• Each role at Lantern & Scroll calls for knowledge in sales. This position must be able to greet customers, understand the product and ordering process as well as maintain the sales floor and create a brilliant first impression to our customers. As the public face of the company, the Designer is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers.
• The Designer is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services and policies.
• Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
• Achieving established goals.
• Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
• Increasing in-store sales.
• Assisting with cut sheets, branding, social media, etc.
• Retail experience preferred.
• Professional appearance.
• Have a flair for design and color.
• Be creative, imaginative and energetic.
• Have good communication skills.
• Be able to concentrate well.
• Be interested in art and design.
• Knowledge in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop preferred).
• Knowledge of Quickbooks (preferred but not required).
• Microsoft Office.