Director of Data Science (HIRED)
Are you a PIONEER? An Innovator looking to blaze their own trail and leave their mark on an industry? Is your passion using data-based approaches to solve difficult business challenges? If this sounds like you, you might have met your next challenge. The HydraFacial Company, headquartered in Long Beach, CA is on the hunt for our first Director of Data Science. In this new role, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside engineering, product design, product management and marketing teams to generate business and product insights and help The HydraFacial Company realize its rapid expansion plans.
Here’s what you’ll get to own:
• You’ll be the master of working with large and complex data sets with the goal of solving difficult data analysis problems. You’ll do this by applying advanced analytics methods that will wow us.
• You’ll be a key part of HydraFacial innovation working with product marketing, engineering and business leaders to find opportunities to improve and enhance our technology products and processes.
• Flexing your research muscles on prior work to inform and develop rational hypotheses and quantify appropriate optimization metrics and targets.
• Deliver compelling data-driven solutions that provide users with key insights when they need it and where they need it.
• You’ll drive hands-on execution of data science model development and actively reinforce technical strategy and build a data focused culture.
• You’ll be our go-to expert in a data-related sub-domain and provide actionable feedback as part of data science experiment peer reviews.
What you will love:
• You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of every team in the organization- from engineering to marketing.
• Your work will drive business decisions at HydraFacial and you’ll have great visibility to the Executive team.
• You’ll have freedom to work autonomously and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
• This is one of those career-propelling opportunities that doesn’t come around very often.
• You’ll be the first person in this role- so you’ll be able to leave your mark on HydraFacial and build out your function and team.
Skills and qualifications needed to be successful:
• Master or Ph. D degree in math, statistics, computer science or other quantitative fields.
• Strong statistical knowledge.
• Experience with causal inference techniques, experimental design and/or A/B testing.
• Experience with analytical packages such as SciPy or R.
• Strong programming experience in SQL and one or more of the following languages: C/C++, C#, Java, Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, Pandas.
• Experience in a product-focused role at a manufacturing or consumer marketing company.
• Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior leaders- we are looking for someone that can take the data and paint a picture for us.