The Sales Associate is responsible for achieving individual sales goals and also contributing to overall goals and success of team. They will offer support in performing daily tasks and upholding all shop standards. JT Posh is looking for a self-starter who is dependable and driven by building client relationships and sales goals. This position reports to the store manager.
Responsibilities and requirements:
• Assist with the maintenance, organization and cleanliness of sales floor, office and storage areas.
• Maintain straight racks and refold sweaters and denim as needed.
• Perform daily tasks to ensure the store is spotless with attention to detail.
• Initiates interaction and greets each client or potential client with a smile and warmth.
• Maintains knowledge of merchandise and upcoming events.
• Interfaces in a positive and timely manner with customers, vendors and internal individuals when performing responsibilities.
• Ensures management is notified of any challenges or issues that arise which impact the company and/or customer.
• Attends sales and team meetings as requested.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive customer, co-worker and data without exception.
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Contributes to the positive team efforts of both the store and the company.
• Acts upon critical issues immediately within position’s authority and/or asks for assistance/decision-making from management.
• Makes suggestions to improve daily store sales, operations and overall flow.
• Maintains positive customer relationships.
• Works with sales team to effectively take the company to the next level as it relates to customer service.
• Must be able to lift over 35 pounds and stand on feet throughout the duration of the day.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• 1+ year experience in retail or restaurant industry.
• Must be able to work weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must be able to work a minimum of two weekends per month.
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening.
• Strong desire to exceed customer needs.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
• Project a courteous and professional image at all times.
• Must exhibit detail orientation, with a good sense of urgency.
• Must be a self-starter and team-oriented.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to readily accept challenges.
Email resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.