Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Network Engineer III leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN, Datacenter technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to network stability and scalability and compliance. The Network Engineer III’s responsibilities are to plan, configure, implement and document solutions in a complex environment in support of new and existing technology architectures. The NEIII makes decisions independently on Information Systems solutions, problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments.
What you will do:
The primary responsible of this role is the implementation of the network architecture strategy within Lowe’s. The Network Engineer III leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, makes decisions independently on information systems solutions, problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments.
A hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of leading-edge technologies. You will collaborate with other engineering teams across a wide range of technology areas and the operational teams that manage the services that are engineered. Participate and drive gathering of technical requirements to successfully implement solutions.
The Engineer III mentors’ junior engineers. Promote new ideas, strategies, technologies and concepts, to improve service quality and reduce costs. You will provide domain-specific expertise to cross-organization projects, programs and activities
Participates in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals. Participates in network infrastructure audit activities and provides evidence as required.
What you need:
Extensive knowledge of the following
• Multi-vendor routing and switching experience.
• Cisco IOS and NXOS, Switching and Routing.
• Network infrastructure design and incident response.
• Network infrastructure security incident response.
• Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
• Quality of Service (QOS).
• Packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools.
• Network Management and monitoring tools such as NetMRI, CA Spectrum.
• SNMP Protocol knowledge.
Working knowledge of the following
• Firewall experience.
• Experience wireless technologies.
• Voice over IP.
• Threat and vulnerability management and remediation.
• IP addressing.
• OSI model.
• Scripting to automate manual functions.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent job experience.
• 7+ years of planning, design and implementation experience in Network Management, Diagnostic tool technologies in a large enterprise retail environment.
• Cisco Certifications (CCNP/CCDP).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.