Wilmington FRA is seeking a motivated summer accounting intern who is ready to apply knowledge of financial terms and principles to an authentic real-world experience. The intern will assist with a wide range of duties, including analyzing data and learning about varied accounting activities. This is an exciting opportunity for any student pursuing a career in finance. The internship is 30 hours per week and pays $10 per hour.
• Assist with month-end financial reports.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation.
• Assist with audits.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Support the payment processing team.
• Perform credit checks.
• Assist with data entry.
• Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting major.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Aptitude for mathematics.
• Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Practical experience with a wide variety of accounting activities.
• Shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities with seasoned professionals.
• Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings.
• Flexible schedule for students.
• Compensation available.
Email resume to email@example.com.