Infrastructure Engineer (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide consultation, technical advice, implementation and operation for IT configuration. This includes responsibility for translating business requirements and functional specification into technical requirements that support a robust, accurate and maintainable CMDB.
• Provides consultation and technical advice on IT Infrastructure planning and engineering for assigned systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
• Collaborates with IT business partners, solutions teams and enterprise architects to help define and understand target strategies.
• Evaluates new service options, identifies issues and impacts and makes recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designates infrastructure systems by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
• Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable and maintainable designs.
• Writes, reviews and validates clear technical specifications and documentation.
• Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments by identifying technical solutions to business problems.
• Develops and validates system design prototypes.
• Builds hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure.
• Develops, validates and executes hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications.
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage.
• Leads the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes and procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services.
Education and experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field.
• 6+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development.
• Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field.
• Integration of Discovery tool with CMDB for Synchronization.
• Experience with SQL Queries and REST APIs.
• Knowledge of datasets, relationships and reconciliation rules on CMDB side.
• Discovery of Windows, UNIX/Linux machines and wide range of network devices to cover whole Infrastructure.
• Performed Beta Testing for BMC ADDM/Discovery Release.
• Mapped Application Models using Collaborative Application Mapping (CAM), Start Anywhere Application Modelling (SAAM) or TPL.
• Discovery across servers on different platforms, databases, storage devices and network devices.
• Performed verification and validation activities of discovered data.
• Skills in AI, normalization, reconciliation and class manager.
• Knowledge of Pattern Language.
• 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports.
• 2+ years of work experience with an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e. Director level or higher).
• 3+ years of experience working in large matrixed organization.
• 3+ years of experience working with third part IT vendors and/or systems solution providers.
• 3+ years of IT experience in the retail industry.
• 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.