Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. The Software Engineer facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
What you will do:
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
• Develops, configures or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages.
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment.
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage.
• Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards and controls.
• Collaborates with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field and 5+ years of experience in software development.
• 3+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC).
• 4+ years of experience in database technologies.
• 3+ years of experience in Java.
• 2+ years of experience with Angular and/or Node.js.
• Master’s Degree Computer Science, CIS or related field.
• 4+ years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization.
• 2+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports.
• 2+ of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
• 4+ of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy).
• 4+ of experience with technical documentation in a software development environment, in the retail industry.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.