Digital Project Manager (HIRED)
The Digital Project Manager oversees the successful execution of search engine optimization, search engine marketing, content marketing and social media campaigns for clients. The Digital Project Manager works with management to ensure the project team is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on-time and on budget as well as champion quality and integrity of the end result. Digital Project Managers must have 2 or more years experience managing interactive projects from strategic planning to technical development and implementation. Experience in an agency environment is key.
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are imperative, as the Digital Project Manager acts as the intermediary between clients, sales and technical staff members. He/she must possess a combination of skills, including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve interpersonal conflicts, as well as more systematic management skills. The goal of this position is to process projects as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
• Responsible for developing and managing the project plan and delegating to technical staff to ensure timely execution.
• Work closely with leadership to ensure tasks are documented and delegated to staff members.
• Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned. Work with project team and be actively involved in all aspects of the work.
• Manage schedules, budgets, assets and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
• Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals.
• Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
• Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service and solicit and act on client feedback.
• Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management on a regular basis, escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in a digital agency (inbound marketing a plus).
• Proven work experience as a Digital Project Manager.
• Hands-on experience with project management software like Basecamp, Asana or Teamwork.
• Understanding of local SEO, reputation management and syndication.
• Understanding of on-page, website SEO.
• Knowledge of content management systems, especially WordPress.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies.
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.