The Director of Donor Acquisition is tasked with leading resource development activities toward generating 20% of the total budget.
Key responsibilities include:
• In partnership with the Executive Director, craft annual development plan outlining the full-year of giving strategies to sustain and increase support from corporations, events, foundations and individuals
• Create multi-year strategies for implementing a moves management model of resource development, prospecting, recruiting, engaging, soliciting and stewarding donors and sponsors
• Prioritize focus on acquisition strategies to uncover new sources of individual donors, building relationships to onboard them as constituents to the organization.
• Develop new peer-to-peer giving strategies to grow the base of funders and onboard constituents to the organization’s compelling mission.
• Oversee the organization’s efforts to deepen relationships, facilitating activities that increase affinity and engagement, increasing involvement and financial support.
• Maintain ongoing communication with major gift donors, stewarding their engagement with organizational leaders.
• Maintain timely records of all donor, sponsor and prospect contacts in donor database.
• Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with the advertising department.
• Assure accurate and timely member, donor, sponsor recognition, acknowledgments and renewal letters for all financial and in-kind donations.
• Keep up on current fundraising trends in the non-profit community.
• Research effective ways to integrate social media strategies into giving campaigns.
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities and qualities:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• A passion for eradicating cancer.
• 3+ years’ experience in external relations or institutional advancement, including development/ high-touch sales, marketing, communications and/or events management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, capable of working in a decentralized work environment.
• Passionate networker, strong ability to make connections easily and create authentic relationships with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
• Solid analytical skills and basic understanding of financial levers.
• Proficiency with CRM management is essential.