Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Associates (CEENTA) is seeking an Optical Specialist for our South Park location. CEENTA was founded over 95 years ago and has grown to become one of the largest multi-specialty practices of its kind on the East Coast. Today CEENTA has more than 100 providers in nearly 20 locations across the Carolinas. CEENTA provides comprehensive pediatric and adult eye, ear, nose and throat care,
What you will do:
Assist patients with the selection and fitting of their prescription eyewear while assisting the physician by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Utilize Point of Sale and EMR software to input patient eyewear orders.
• Educate patients of frame and lens options to expedite.
• Verify correctness of Rx in prescription eyewear received from lab.
• Operate other optical equipment to facilitate manufacture of eyewear.
• Troubleshoot eyewear to eliminate patient concerns and adjust accordingly.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of opticianry.
• Maintain appearance of the optical dispensary.
• Evaluate and manage patient concerns with any issues with eyewear.
Individuals must have performed necessary tasks to meet or exceed expectation of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• A minimum of 0-5 years of working in an optical setting.
• Previous experience with EHR system preferred.
• 2 years of Customer-centered sales experience a plus.
Skills and abilities
• Opticianry, customer service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain positive team-oriented attitude with an attention to details.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred, especially Outlook.
• Computer software network applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, ability to apply compute rates and percents and the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs from data.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.