Contact Lens Technician
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
Are you an Optometric Technician interested in learning more about assisting patients with Contact Lenses?
We are willing to train an Optometric Technician how to work with patients and contact lenses. This free training will provide valuable knowledge and help develop the individual into a growing profession.
We are seeking a patient-focused Contact Lens Technician who will be responsible for providing contact lens services including fitting, ordering and updating contact lens prescriptions. This position will be primarily serving patients in our South Park, Belmont and Blakeney locations.
The position will be responsible for gathering essential medical information from the patient, performing a variety of diagnostic tests and screenings, which provides the ophthalmologist with the required information needed for an accurate assessment of the patient’s ocular health.
• Assist the physician in providing complete contact lens services to patients.
• Perform examinations, evaluations, fittings and patient education.
• Manage an independent contact lens schedule, while insuring that patients are seen in a timely manner.
• Maintain efficient and accurate contact lens records utilizing EPIC.
• Provide patients with appropriate lens fittings after reviewing charts and discussing patient’s needs and requirements.
• Conduct patient education, regarding proper wearing of lenses, insertion and removal and use of solutions.
• Troubleshoot difficult contact lens fitting problems to ensure patient satisfaction.
• Maintain an appropriate inventory of lenses and solutions, to insure adequate availability.
Individuals must have performed necessary tasks to meet or exceed expectation of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 1-3 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Willing to provide free training with individuals with optometric experience
Skills and abilities
• Previous experience working with patients
• Network computer software applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.