Director of Sales
aloft Hotels is the forward-thinking alternative to the typical travel destination. With its loft-inspired design and free-flowing energy, aloft lets guests customize their stay and celebrate their style. And it allows its Talent to shine through opportunities to mix, mingle and make a difference. aloft does things differently. It’s a place where energy flows, personalities mingle and opportunities abound. aloft…the new tWist in travel and is different by design. The aloft Charlotte Ballantyne offers a great work environment, opportunities for advancement and competitive pay and benefits.tunities for advancement and competitive pay and benefits.
Oversees the sales operations of the hotel with the goal of maximizing rates and overall revenues for the property and its ownership. Establishes sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy. With a good understanding of the aloft culture, the Director of Sales has the ability to exceed revenue goals by offering an exciting alternative to the current market. The ideal candidate is innovative and gregarious and is most at home when interacting with people.
• Solicits and books transient volume accounts and local group business from corporate and social accounts in a way that best illustrates the identity of the aloft brand.
• Actively pursues new clients through creative and innovative sales techniques.
• Develops contacts and relationships by participating and networking at local events and relevant associations and committees.
• In conjunction with Marriott’s marketing team, corporate marketing and local organizations, oversees the overall marketing and promotion of the hotel to ensure all promotions and events are clearly communicated and publicized to team members and guests, while upholding all brand standards.
• Keeps the pulse on the greater Charlotte market and local impacting events to strategize how to maximize the hotel’s visibility and capture revenues.
• Working with the general manager, develops goals and sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy while ensuring activities are aligned with the overall hotel goals.
• Develops, coaches and manages the groups and events manager.
• Acts as manager-on-duty on a regular basis.
• Partners with the group and events manager to collaborate on sales and revenue best practices for the front desk.
• Generates a variety of monthly reports and forecasts.
• Oversees and responds to social media channels.
Education and experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent education, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of hotel sales experience.
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Proficient computer experience using Microsoft Office.
• Possession of and ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to travel throughout the local market.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience, the ideal Director of Sales must illustrate the ability and drive to:
• Be an active part of the property executive team, fostering and encouraging the desired aloft culture.
• Promote product quality and a unique guest experience at every opportunity.
• Take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel, never walking past something out of place.
• Maintain a refreshing attitude focused on positive friendly interactions with guests and talent.
• Develop and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships and open communication lines to assure efficient transfer of information.
• Do his/her part in facilitating a fun and comfortable working environment where Talent is eager to pitch in wherever and whenever possible.
• Never be satisfied with average, conscientious and driven to be the best at what he/she does…always!
• Ability to sit for extended periods, walk and stand occasionally to moderately, talk, hear, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
• Ability to push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 pounds.