The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. In 2018, the hotel experienced a multi-million dollar transformation that exudes a “New South” influence with a contemporary take on timeless design and style. Guests can experience authentic hospitality at our spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness center, exquisite dining at Gallery Restaurant, afternoon tea and leisure offerings.
Leads and manages the day-to-day sales and marketing activities of the hotel with a focus on maximizing profitability and building long-term customer relationships. Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies to secure new corporate, group and transient/leisure business and maintain existing accounts. Oversees and assists the sales team in selling meeting and guest rooms, catering services and banquet facilities.
• Directs the daily activities of a sales team of 6 – 8 team members. Mentors, coaches and provides support on larger and/or more complex accounts.
• Makes sales calls, schedules in-person appointments and conducts hotel site tours to secure business.
• Develops and implements property-wide marketing and sales strategies to increase market share and RevPAR.
• Develops and monitors team member and department sales goals.
• Prepares and manages the annual department budget. Monitors the property’s sales performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established plan and to accurately report variances.
• Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through.
• Attends community and business-related events (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, trade associations) in order to develop relationships with community groups, associations and companies to increase brand/product awareness.
• Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., area sales, group sales, electronic lead channels) and develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property.
• Maintains awareness of the hotel’s market position by reviewing competitive shopping reports, researching competitors’ sales strategies and related activities.
• Generates proposals, writes contracts and prepares customer correspondence.
• Assists with developing and updating sales collateral.
• Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations to ensure delivery of a consistent high level of service.
• Prepares weekly and monthly sales reports.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, hotel and restaurant management or related field preferred.
• 4+ years sales and marketing experience in a luxury hotel required.
• Supervisory experience.
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possession of and ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to travel locally and regionally on a regular basis and on a national basis occasionally.
• Proficient computer experience using Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, talk, hear, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions
• Ability to push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 pounds.