The Media Planner & Buyer is responsible for conscientiously preparing and implementing client media plans of all media types for existing clients and new business – in addition to research, development and presentation of media plans and media buying.
This position is also responsible for executing media buys, monitoring media buys and making media optimization recommendations as appropriate. The Media Planner & Buyer is skilled at understanding trends and best practices across the omnichannel media world.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Research, develop and plan media for specified clients.
• Have a proficient level of understanding for media planning and buying across media — including television (national and spot), radio, print, digital, programmatic, mobile and social media.
• Present media plans to internal teams and client audiences.
• Gather, organize and present competitive research and spending data.
• Take ownership of and retain accountability for client media plans and budgets.
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities and foster innovative solutions.
• Work closely with Insights, Client Engagement and Connections team members to frame and participate in strategy development, set goals and participate in the measurement process.
• Negotiate best possible rates, special parameters, value-added sponsorships and promotions and justify all media recommendations.
• Take a lead position in the campaign review process, leading teams to better performing work.
Additional duties and responsibilities
• Be a leading voice in the agency on media trends.
• Champion integrated media strategies across Connections team disciplines.
• Maintain effective relationships with clients and internal teams.
• Assist in training team members in all forms of media strategy, planning and buying.
• Demonstrate proficiency in media negotiations.
• Be accountable for delivering high-quality work on time and on budget.
• Be a team player, inspiring trust and teamwork among the team and throughout the agency.
• Demonstrate a passion for always doing the best work.
• Collaborate among multiple departments effectively and efficiently.
• Conduct business with a conscientious, straightforward and dedicated work ethic.
• Respect all equally, internally and externally.
• Passionately uphold the agency brand, culture and values.
• Communicate in a straightforward, coherent and professional manner.
• Conduct clear and candid communication with team members.
• Listen well and solve problems to achieve the most effective outcome for the client, team and agency.
• Develop strong relationships across the agency.
• Represent the team and Wray Ward in a positive manner in all endeavors.
• 3+ years of demonstrated excellence and proficiency in developing media plans and executing media buys; home-related experience preferred.
• Knowledge of full media landscape — print, digital, outdoor, broadcast, etc.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, SMART PLUS, MRI.
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills and style.
• Agency experience preferred.
• Ability to manage people and projects smoothly and efficiently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating energy and passion for the work.
• Effective problem-solver and generator of innovative solutions.
• Focus on delivering great work, no matter project size or complexity.
• Well versed in applicable software and technology platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.