Location Marketing Lead
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising, global events and sponsorships, internal communications, marketing research, media and industry analyst relations, corporate and financial communications, internet marketing, recruitment marketing, client-centric marketing, and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
The role of Location Marketing Manager is to design, develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications strategy and plan to help grow Accenture’s business in the Carolinas and Florida. To achieve this, the individual will be responsible for positioning Accenture as a leading local company while building consideration for our capabilities across target clients, recruits and employees. The individual will also be responsible for helping Accenture build connections in and becoming part of the fabric of the local communities of Charlotte, Miami, Orlando and Tampa and positioning our executives as business leaders and experts in those communities among: G2000 company executives, the media, key government leaders, alliance partners, important local business networking associations and non-profits.
The individual will report to the Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Southeast and take input from local business leadership and other local marketers. The position will be based in Charlotte, but the Local Marketing Manager will support the marketing strategy, program development and execution for all Accenture offices in Florida and the Carolinas.
These activities are grouped into several key areas:
• Working with Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Southeast, Office Managing Directors for Charlotte, Tampa, Orlando and Miami as well as local leadership to create a Marketing & Communications strategy that will differentiate Accenture in the region.
• Designing and executing all marketing activities in the region including client marketing, image development and relationship programs in alignment with the North America Marketing strategy and focus.
• Building the profiles of our key leaders within the region by leveraging prime media relations opportunities as well as social media, digital and face-to-face opportunities.
• Working collaboratively with the industry and Accenture business Marketing & Communications leads across all parts of our business within the Southeast region to drive strong client engagement and drive preference for Accenture.
• Supporting local recruitment marketing activities—building the employer brand and supporting our hiring needs.
• Directing the design and execution of programs to help our leadership communicate with our employees.
External communications program
• Work closely with the regional media relations lead drive all media relations programs in these markets, including proactive media outreach, reactive media inquiries and crisis communications issues.
• Build a strong digital and social media presence in each local market that amplifies the visibility of Accenture.
• Facilitate the relationship building process with key governmental officials – governors, senate and house representatives, mayors, city council representatives, etc.
• Assess and capitalize on the business value of local sponsorship, speaking and event opportunities to position Accenture as a business leader in each local market.
• Collaborate with the Global Issues Management team, North America and Southeast media relations leads to counsel leadership on crisis communications.
Client experience program
• Build Accenture’s reputation and differentiate Accenture in each local market.
• Increase penetration of G2000 clients and targets by devising and executing disruptive Marketing & Communications strategies that help to expand our share of wallet with those companies.
• Ensure local image programs support the strategic priorities of Accenture (as guided locally by the Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Southeast, Regional Managing Director, Regional Leadership Council and the Marketing & Communications leadership team).
• Collaborate with the industry and Accenture business marketing teams to drive strong client programs across our targets clients—ensuring program objectives are integrated with geographic, industry, Accenture business and corporate marketing objectives.
Relationship development program
• Oversee the design and execution of effective, targeted relationship development efforts that bring our leaders together with senior client executives (from large events to individualized one-on-one opportunities).
• Build/sustain relationships with key local business associations and non-profit organizations to help our local leaders secure board positions and committee memberships that will weave our leaders (and Accenture) into the fabric of the community.
• Collaborate with industry and Accenture business Marketing & Communications professionals to bring relevant subject matter experts to key clients when they are in market thereby optimizing their visits to meet business development goals.
• Ensure successful implementation of national Inclusion & Diversity programs at the local level that bring together our clients and Accenture executives, demonstrating our commitment to building a truly inclusive workforce.
Employee experience program
• Orchestrate local internal communications strategy and design programs aligned with that strategy to optimize the employee experience and develop an environment of a great place to work.
• Advise on an internal communications approach to contribute to the engagement and retention of our best talents, aligning these programs with the communication goals of the overall company strategy.
Talent brand and candidate marketing
• Support recruitment marketing efforts across the region in line with the recruitment marketing team and recruitment goals of the full portfolio of the business.
• Ensure recruitment marketing programs are innovative and cut through the cloud of our competitors operating in the region to attract the best talent and achieve recruitment business goals.
• Collaborate with candidate marketing team to develop differentiated position for Accenture at key college campuses in the region.
• Monitor and document progress against program delivery ROI and budget.
• Measure and document results from programs.
• Follow all marketing services processes, particularly with regards to time reporting.
• Ensure the Marketing Director– Southeast is kept appraised of progress against budgets and time-lines and escalate potential budget and time over-runs or under-runs.
• Increase marketing effectiveness by improving coordination and leverage across geographies, operating groups and growth platforms, maximize the value of strong local presence, provide a better and more consistent client experience and maximize marketing dollars.
Candidate must currently reside in Charlotte and be familiar with the business community and landscape. This position is an in-office role based in the Accenture Charlotte office.