Middleton Meyers is a fully integrated multifamily services provider. Through an unwavering commitment to excellence we develop and execute turnkey solutions for clients, partners and residents. This commitment has enabled Middleton Meyers to manage properties and projects successfully for large and small clients. We always strive for better results, better systems and better ways to serve. Our team of professionals have experience in all facets of multi-family operations and focus on maximizing performance of stabilized and value-add properties through proactive involvement in property management, capital investment and disposition activities.
The financial analyst will be responsible for performing a myriad of analytical duties associated with operating a multifamily investment and management firm. The duties include preparing materials, monthly financial reporting, assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, buy/sell/hold & re-financing feasibility and ad hoc analysis & reporting.
Essential job functions:
• Create, model and maintain excel and other files on a portfolio of assets that will require periodic updates, changes in market assumptions and adjustments to operating expenses, capital disbursements, leverage analysis and other income.
• Participate heavily in the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting processes that involves planning, supporting budgeting and forecasting tools, determining financial goals and related guidance, communicating process and guidance to property managers and reporting on results to senior management.
• Understand and master a multitude of financial systems and processes and provide support as needed including standardized reporting and analysis of results across a portfolio.
• Perform various property valuation and investment return analysis, including buy/sell/hold and re-financing feasibility.
• Perform various underwriting and due diligence functions on possible future acquisitions/dispositions.
• Support monthly reporting processes which include operating metrics, variance reporting, cash forecasting and capital expenditures.
• Create and build financial and operational dashboard reports and other similar tools.
• Identify and highlight key operating trends and assist in the preparation of monthly financial operating results commentary for senior management.
• Work closely with the asset management team to ensure collaboration and to support the property management efforts.
• Track public peer results, various research publications (CoStar, Axiometrics, REIS, etc.) and performance metrics and participate in earning calls and reporting.
• Assist in updates to G&A and corporate overhead schedules.
• Develop value add tools and assist in system and process improvement projects as needed.
• Perform special ad hoc projects and analysis on a frequent basis.
Skills, education and experience:
• A strong work ethic, the strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment and an ability to meet critical deadlines.
• Intelligence with a keen focus on details.
• Strong accounting and finance knowledge.
• Exceptional analytical skills with a deep knowledge of and mastery of Excel (experience in PowerPoint is a plus).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with personnel at all levels will be required.
• Prior experience with real estate budgeting/forecasting processes and systems.
• Experience working at a publicly traded real estate, institutional financial services or public/private equity firm preferred. In addition, experience in REIT performance metrics and reporting preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in the accounting, finance and commercial real estate fields. Preferred experience includes acquisition and debt underwriting, asset management and due diligence.
• Bachelor degree in business, finance or accounting.
Submit resume to email@example.com and reference the job title, “Financial Analyst”.
Middleton Meyers is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. The employment practices and decisions of the Company will not be influenced or affected by an applicant or Associate’s race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, sexual orientation, marital status, AIDS/HIV/AIDS-related complex status, protected genetic information, sickle-cell trait, veteran status or any other protected class.