Part-Time Events and Administrative Coordinator
Prepare to get your hands dirty! TreesCharlotte is looking to grow its footprint and our new events/admin coordinator will play a crucial role in expanding our scope, size and geographic reach during the planting season. Under the guidance of the Events Director, you will help plan, execute and follow up on all tree giveaways and tree plantings. This job has a lot of moving parts and will introduce you to a wide range of communities and the people who live, work and play in them. During lulls in the event season, you’ll assist managing critical backend office functions.
Work hours average 20 hours per week, but may surge during planting season and ebb in the off-season. Compensation for this role is $20 per hour.
What you will do:
You’ll work alongside the Events Director to help handle all details behind our tree plantings and tree stores, including but not limited to;
• Pre-event preparation, from soliciting volunteers to organizing flow of event to preparing materials.
• Create signup forms and calendar posts in WordPress.
• Volunteer management, both in advance of and during events.
• Email communications to volunteers, sponsors and all parties associated with events.
• Setup, including unloading and organizing 7-gallon trees, moving tents/tables, water coolers, etc.
• Day-of-event management and troubleshooting to ensure smooth execution.
• Follow-up conversations with all parties.
• Eventually, assume primary responsibility for certain events.
You’ll need to tap your organizational skills for this part of the job, including but not limited to;
• Inputting and tracking donations.
• Creating and mailing acknowledgment letters.
• Running reports.
There’s always a job that needs to be done at TreesCharlotte and you’ll pitch in when available to assist, whether it’s organizing a seedling preparation event or creating new signs for an upcoming event or recognizing volunteers and donors.
Keys to success:
• “Team-over-self” personality, professional, energetic and positive attitude.
• Highly developed organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work a mix of weekdays and Saturdays between October-March and the occasional weeknight.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a must, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of WordPress and ability to update forms and events on the website.
• Prior knowledge of donor databases preferred, (i.e. Salsa, DonorPro).
• Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, move around event materials and lift 40 pounds.
• Willingness and ability to drive pickup truck and trailer.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted through August 1.