Towne & Reese launched its first collection of jewelry in 2010 to independent retailers at the Atlanta Gift Market. The brand quickly gained momentum and became known for its trendy yet affordable pieces. After focusing on the independent retailers for many seasons, Towne & Reese began selling to department stores in 2014. The business has since evolved to focus solely on department stores and key account businesses with the majority being under a private label brand. Towne & Reese produces roughly 200 skus each month for these different brands. We are looking to hire a Design Assistant to assist the Design Director and Sales Manager in developing these skus.
The Design Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Design Director in concept development and technical specs with an emphasis on technical measurements and materials. The Design Assistant will also work with the Sales Manager to help develop new soft goods styles (scarves, ponchos, ruanas, etc.) for each season as well as manage soft goods development samples among all factories. This person needs to have a keen sense of design and detail as well as have strong communication skills and be comfortable multitasking and working under tight timelines. This position will report to both the Design Director and Sales Manager.
• Assist in new development concepting and inspiration for fashion jewelry and soft goods.
• Assist with technical spec sheets for fashion jewelry.
• Track all soft goods sample development among multiple factories.
• Review development samples as they are received from the factories in a timely manner and ensure the concepts were executed correctly.
• Help prepare for customer presentations in the form of line sheets and merchandising.
• 1-2 years in design or related role.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Basic understanding and skills in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
• Strong design sensibility.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Shows ability to be flexible and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates initiative, assertiveness and is ready to take on any assignments, while working well as part of a team.
• Possesses strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Adobe programs.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.