Tap Room Manager
This position will be responsible for driving the overall operations of the Tap Room and will report directly to the General Manager of the Tap Room to lead, motivate and coach a shared team of bartenders and barbacks.
Essential duties include but not limited to:
• Manage taproom staff with a focus on providing a superior customer experience, showing passion and knowledge for craft beer.
• Assist in refining and developing a culture for the Tap Room that is both differentiating in the market, yet consistent with the level of experience expected from NoDa Brewing Company.
• Define and implement an intentional tasting room experience that provides the customer an exceptional experience that is richer than merely a transaction for a pint.
• Be a role model in practicing and implementing the customer service and hospitality goals.
• Be present during operational hours of the tasting room and spend a significant amount of time on the floor leading staff, managing operations, interacting with customers and furthering our culture.
• Enforce policies in standard operating procedures and periodically reassessing these practices and implementing necessary improvements through the creation of new SOPs.
• Maintain safe, secure and healthy facility environment by following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health, safety and legal regulations; and maintaining security systems along with responsible serving of beer.
• Maintain a positive, fun work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to developing and sustaining positive relationships with customers, co-workers and interdepartmental management.
• Provide customer service during busy hours.
• Strong leadership skills and experience with a demonstrated desire to create positive and innovative tap room experiences for our wide range of customers. 1+ years of tap room, bar or restaurant management experience including training and coaching.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• You must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time and lift 55+ pounds repeatedly.
• This is a full-time position (35-40 hours per week). Candidates must have an open schedule and willing to work weekends, nights and most holidays.
• Passion for and knowledge of craft beer.
What we offer you:
• Competitive compensation with bonus potential based on pre-defined sales goals.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
• 401k with match.
Email resume to Jobs@NoDaBrewing.com and list the position you are applying for in the subject line. In the email, answer the following questions;
• Why do you want to work for NoDa Brewing Company?
• If you had 8 hours of free time, what would you do?
• What’s your favorite beer style and why?
• What are 2 items on your “bucket list”?
• If you could grab a beer with anyone, alive or not, who would it be?
NoDa Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. The selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check.