Box Office Sales Manager
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte, one of the nation’s largest, fully producing professional theatre companies for youth, is accepting applications for a motivated, results-driven Box Office Sales Manager to lead, manage and direct the Customer Sales and Service Team. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position with a benefit package reporting directly to the Marketing and Communications Director.
The successful candidate will understand what influences customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs in an effective way. The Sales Manager will oversee all aspects of the Box Office leading a team of associates, providing top-notch service to guests and curating a customer experience that continuously elevates the organization and the community we serve.
If you are enthusiastic, goal driven, unflappable under pressure and can strike a balance between generating ideas and executing them successfully, you could be a good fit for our organization.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Drive sales throughout the year to meet revenue goals for both theatre and educational programming (including but not limited to group sales, subscriptions and single tickets, class and camp registrations).
• Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics.
• Grow relationships with new and existing customers to build loyalty and foster meaningful experiences for all.
• Manage all daily operations of the Box Office including ticketing, exchanges/refunds, staffing, cash control, reporting, event management and third party/vendor relations.
• Identify and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner.
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
• 2+ years sales experience with a proven track record for meeting and/or exceeding revenue goals.
• Experience in a leadership position managing and motivating a team.
• Solid work ethic with superior attention to detail.
• Exemplary communication skills.
• Familiarity with ticketing and CRM software.
• Previous experience with reconciliation/accounting (strongly preferred).
• Ability to work some weekends as needed..
Why work with us:
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte is proud to be an organization where a diverse mix of talented, committed and enthusiastic people gather to do their best work. We celebrate the glorious richness of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity as we create exceptional theatre experiences. Our success is dependent on the leadership, commitment and passion of our staff. We seek to build teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences, who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives.
Submit a CTC general employment application, cover letter and resume via the CTC website here. In your cover letter, please share with us;
• How your experience, knowledge, skills and abilities best align with this position and CTC’s mission to create exceptional theatre experiences, inspiring generations to explore the wonder of their world.
• An example of how you have met or exceeded sales goals.
• An example of one of your success stories related to sales and/or customer service, teambuilding, etc.