Partner Relationship Manager
Come join the fan union of the Carolina Panthers and help do your part to Change the Culture – and get paid for it! We are seeking an energetic, responsible and multi-talented Partner Relationship Manager to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our business and communicate why a partnership with the Roaring Riot can be extraordinarily powerful for both existing and new partners. The Partner Relationship Manager will be charged with sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets and re-soliciting past business leads to generate partnership revenue for the Roaring Riot. While this will be a primarily office-based position, there may be some need for travel.
Candidates should have a history of success in radio/media and/or sports advertising/sponsorship sales, preferably with a university, conference, rights holder or major league professional sports team with significant corporate relationships already established. Candidates should have a minimum of one year of media/sponsorship sales experience.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Establish and execute an effective sales strategy to grow a portfolio of partners while reaching strategic sales targets.
• Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with businesses of all sizes on behalf of the Roaring Riot.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, renewing contracts and ensuring year over year growth in revenue.
• Make sales calls and schedules in-person appointments to secure business.
• Generate proposals, write contracts and prepare partner correspondence.
• Assist with developing and updating sales collateral.
• Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities and actualized business when appropriate.
• Attend community and business-related events (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, trade associations) in order to develop relationships with community groups, associations and companies to increase brand awareness.
• Meet monthly and yearly goals to achieve the highest possible commission.
• Developing and pitching sponsorship packages designed to meet clients’ needs.
• Closing new business.
• Fulfilling advertising/sponsorship packages.
• Prepare monthly sales reports.
• This is a full-time position.
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You must be able to figure it out. If you don’t know what it is, do not apply.
• Strong understanding of digital media creative development, direct response marketing online and the ability to analyze and report data.
• Outstanding strategic selling skills.
• Relationship-based selling approach.
• Experience developing business in both new and established markets.
• Find Creative solutions to Previously Unseen Issues.
• Willing to engage in a dynamic early-stage business environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects is crucial.
• Demonstrated abilities of a self-starter. Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and handle requests while still maintaining the utmost quality.
• Willing to work holidays and weekends – we are at our busiest during the Panthers season.
• Great communication and the ability to work independently without constant oversight.
• Comfortable interacting with wide range of people and having fun while still completing assignments.
• Must be focused on exceeding expectations and a passion for success of both yourself and the company – this job is insanely fun when we make it insanely fun.
• Must love the Panthers (Falcons fans need not apply).
• This is a salaried position with commission.
• Three weeks paid vacation.
• Chance to get in on the ground floor of a growing company.
• Get to be a professional Panthers fan.