Children’s Ministry Director
Warehouse 242 exists to cultivate missional followers of Jesus and we do that through our core commitments to truth, creativity, justice and community. This position at Warehouse 242 is responsible for advancing our mission by providing leadership to children, families and volunteers.
• Prioritize the spiritual formation of children and families.
• Effort to integrate our core commitments to truth, creativity, justice and community.
• Establish and cast vision for Kids Warehouse.
• Coordinate Sunday programming: design, implement, execute and evaluate Sunday morning Kids Warehouse formational gatherings (infants-5th grade).
• Develop authentic relationships with leaders and volunteers.
• Provide development for leaders.
• Provide accountability to leaders based on communicated expectations.
• Maintain regular and effective communication with parents and families.
• Design, implement and evaluate Security and Protective Care policies that provide for a safe environment.
• Unleash imagination for all gatherings: Sunday morning Kids Warehouse and all other events/activities.
• Create safe, invitational space for neighbors in West Charlotte and beyond.
• Integrate connection between global partners and kids/families.
• Oversee Expecting Parent Care Team.
• Participate in staff meetings and staff development opportunities.
• Willingness to collaborate with Student Ministries Director, staff, elders and other teams.
• Develop required budgets and expense accountabilities.
• Complete special assignments as requested.
• Be available to work full office hours Tuesday-Friday (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) as well as Sunday mornings and occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
• A vital relationship with Jesus.
• Commitment to advancing the mission and core commitments of Warehouse 242.
• Valid ministry experience.
• Ability to physically navigate the entirety of the church facility (including stairs) and sustain other physical activity including standing, lifting and extensive computer use.
• Passion for collaboration, integration and effective teamwork.
• Visionary – strong gifts and desire to dream big dreams and think outside the box.
• Influencer – a champion for team-based ministry, a champion for God-honoring families and a champion for the spiritual formation of children.
• Thinker – high capacity to problem solve, high desire to learn.
• Relational – passionate for people, friendships and other healthy relationships.
• Ability to navigate simple office technology.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field that would impact Kids Warehouse – seminary degree would be a great bonus.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.