Ministry Operations Director
Warehouse 242 exists to cultivate missional followers of Jesus and we do that through our core commitments to truth, creativity, justice and community. The Ministry Operations Director at Warehouse 242 is responsible for advancing our mission by providing operational leadership and comprehensive ministry support.
• Operational leadership. Unleash imagination regarding processes to help the church operate more effectively, simply and in line with our mission.
• Communications. Develop and implement a communications strategy involving social media, web, calendar, email, print and additional ways of telling stories, promoting events and advancing our mission.
• Event management. Manage both internal and external events and coordinate all facility use and accompanying volunteer teams.
• Sunday coordination. Support the planning, execution and follow-up for Sunday cohorts, worship services and related events.
• Database management. Manage, utilize and train others for effective use of the church database system (FellowshipOne) across all events, programs and people.
• Hospitality and office management. Act as Chief Welcoming Officer for anyone coming through the doors during the week while being the organizing force of the office, including office-related vendor and supplies management.
• Staff support. Assist the staff administratively, including taking minutes at meetings, planning retreats and seasonal gatherings, maintaining collaborative spreadsheets and being available for ministry-specific support.
• Denominational liaison. Deliver Session minutes to Presbytery, create annual reports and oversee specific projects.
• Conduct all other duties as assigned and be available to work full office hours Tuesday-Friday (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) as well as Sunday mornings and occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
• Vital relationship with Jesus.
• Commitment to advancing the mission and core commitments of Warehouse 242.
• Proven experience in operational leadership and office management.
• Ability to physically navigate the entirety of the church facility (including stairs) and sustain other physical activity including standing, lifting and extensive computer use.
• Passion for collaboration, integration and effective teamwork.
• Relevant professional work experience with the majority of the responsibilities listed above.
• Detail-oriented while attentive to the relational dynamics of church ministry.
• Ability to take initiative as well as complete tasks when requested.
• Hospitable attitude and a desire to make people feel at home in our space.
• Fluency (or ability to develop fluency) with Microsoft Office, iWork, Google Drive, FellowshipOne, Worship Planning, WordPress and social media platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree with a commitment to lifelong learning.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.