Seeking Business Manager for Montessori School in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience serving in a similar role in a school environment (or comparable) where they worked closely with families, teachers and other administrators. Candidates must be extremely accurate with calculations, be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills. This position serves a fast-paced organization and requires a friendly, customer-oriented attitude.
• Ensure internal compliance with federal and state laws and established policies and procedures related to financial transactions and record keeping.
• Manage procurement and accounts payables and accounts receivables for all school accounts.
• Record and track financial transactions in established accounting system, in accordance with designated chart of accounts.
• Receive and respond to written and phone inquiries from vendors, parents, staff and/or others related to financial transactions.
• Process payroll and oversee general benefits administration.
• Securely manage receipt of cash, checks and vouchers and the associated bank deposits.
• Prepare checks requests and invoices for review and, upon approval, processes check runs.
• Manage the inventory and control system for equipment purchases.
• Assist in month end close including identifying necessary accruals.
• Monitor cash flow and forecast cash needs.
• Provide information and assistance to internal and external auditors upon request.
• Foster positive working relationships between the vendors and school staff.
• Manage all Human Resources and record keeping.
• Perform monthly budget reviews and reports as necessary.
• Review all insurance requirements and contracts for both employee and business.
• Bachelor’s degree in field (or related field).
• Excellent computational, organizational, planning and communication skills.
• Commitment to accuracy in calculations, data entry and record keeping.
• Experience with bookkeeping or managing financial processes in a school setting.
• Management experience.
• Knowledge of payroll processing.
• Demonstrated ability in using financial/accounting software.
• Strong math skills to develop a budget.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.