Part-Time Junior Interior Designer
Our junior designer role prepares individuals for a career in design through a range of activities: assistance with client presentation preparations, updating design library, communication with vendors, sourcing materials at local showrooms, etc. This position is part-time and not to exceed 20-25 hours a week. This position will be in Cornelius, NC. Weekly hours and schedule will vary depending on the employees schedule and company workload. Ideally, candidate would be able to work at least one full 8-hour day. While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Create storyboards for clients, which would include but not limited to pulling fabrics, sourcing furniture and lighting, selecting paint colors and creating an overall design plan for the space.
• Participate in client meetings to present and understand their needs/desires for their space.
• Create accurate and to scale floor plans using a floor planning software.
• Source new furnishing, fabric and wallpaper brands to expand our library.
• Order fabric and wallpaper samples to add to our library.
• Review client proposals and invoices prior to being sent to client.
• Categorize, price and put away fabric memos, wallpaper memos, etc.
• Assist lead designer in any elements of her design projects.
• Run errands as necessary for design projects including pick-ups/drop-offs.
• Return any samples or purchased items that have not been used.
• Shop for inventory/accessory items.
• Use social media platforms like Pinterest and Instagram to find new inspiration images and keep abreast of new design trends.
• Occasionally, create/input and place orders using our ordering system (Studio Web Ware).
Experience and skills:
• 1-3 years previous interior design experience.
• Passionate with all aspects of design.
• AutoCAD or Sketchup experience.
• Meticulously organized, efficient and detail-oriented.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Bonus if proficient in Studio Webware, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop.
Email Julia at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfy Cozy Couture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.