Director of Preschool
Covenant is seeking a full-time preschool director to lead our community of young learners. The preschool offers a high-quality learning experience grounded in the conviction that every child is created and loved by God. Guided by rigorous standards, the early childhood program provides an attentive learning environment that encourages children to develop physically, cognitively, socially and emotionally. The Director will lead and manage all aspects of the daily operations of the preschool, curriculum, staff, budget and communication with families.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Create, manage and expand a developmentally appropriate preschool that is consistent with the total church program, in particular the Christian education of young children.
• Keep abreast of research and new developments in the field of Early Childhood Education, communicate such developments to teachers and provides staff with opportunities to participate in appropriate programs and/or workshops in early childhood education.
• Articulate orally and in writing the school philosophy, program and its strengths to church members, staff, families and the community.
• Meet monthly with Preschool Committee in formulating and maintaining program policies and procedures.
• Understand the different codes and regulations-fire, child welfare, building, health, sanitation, playground safety, child custody- as they relate to the delivery
of early childhood programs.
• Recruit, interview and hire qualified teachers and staff for the school.
• Provide personal and professional support to teachers, train staff on all school policies, complete classroom observations monthly and annual reviews.
Complete exit interviews and all paperwork for terminated staff members.
• Develop an annual budget, monitor salary and program expenses in consultation with Church Administrator, CDC Director and Preschool Committee.
• Plan yearly calendar for approval by Preschool Committee.
• Oversee the collection of registration and tuition monies.
• Oversee purchase and maintenance of supplies and equipment for preschool program.
• Implement marketing strategies to successfully recruit new families and teachers, maintain school enrollment at or above 90%.
• Have personal knowledge of all students and families.
• Design an efficient and safe carpool system with proper signage with the church administrator and property committee and staffed by director and teachers.
• Provide all materials, tours and class assignments for annual registration of children.
• Provide orientation for staff in August and all children and families in September.
• Communicate frequently with staff and families throughout the school year about upcoming preschool and church events, programming and personnel changes including monthly newsletter updates.
• Support teachers in counseling parents with specific child development, behavior or classroom issues.
• Meet monthly with Parent Council to coordinate parent/child enrichment events, teacher appreciation opportunities and to enhance school communication.
• Plan and equip indoor and outdoor play areas in conjunction with the Div. of Education, Recreation Wing, Property, Buildings & Grounds.
• Complies with the church Child/Volunteer Protection Policy.
• Coordinate with full day center for shared play areas.
Send a cover letter and resume to Chris Callaway at Chris.Callaway@covenantpresby.org.