Under the supervision of the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation and consistent with the Christian mission, the Manager of Evaluation will be responsible for supporting the development of a variety of complex activities related to directing and coordinating data analysis, data support, outcome development and measurement, program evaluation and research capabilities for the YMCA Of Greater Charlotte (YOGC). The role will support database design development, data mining and analysis, grant reporting, impact measurements for all applicable programs and preparing presentations to key stakeholders. This position will also research local community trends and patterns relevant to collective impact work, to ensure the development of strong and measurable grant proposals in partnership with the Association Director of Grants. This position will be responsible for cultivating and working closely with high-level volunteers and community funders including but not limited to the Social Responsibility Committee, program leadership teams (PLTs), internal and external stakeholders. This position will also support the expansion of internal and external evaluation efforts for the YOGC.
Data, evaluation and outcome management
• In partnership with the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation, assess, develop and manage a comprehensive evaluation process and training program that supports YOGC core programs across 19 branches, 2 resident camps and 1 child development center.
• Works with the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation, the Chief Responsibility Officer and Chief Operating Officer to support an annual program selection and allocation process through data analysis and reporting.
• Assists the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation to develop systems and establish protocols for collecting, managing, analyzing and reporting indicator data.
• Assists and provides capacity building training and support to YOGC staff and boards around evaluation including key terms, data collection and the importance of collective impact
• Assists the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation to develop and oversee standard operating procedures for an evaluation management system.
• Assists the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation to guide and train YOGC staff in the tracking of impact evaluation measurements and outcome management.
• Cultivate relationships with data partners at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools and other key organizations such as Institute of Social Capital, United Way, Read Charlotte and UNCC.
• Acquire data from primary and secondary sources, database systems, analysis and reporting.
• Provide evaluation technical assistance and training to YOGC staff (program directors, branch executive, OVPs and senior leadership) and Board members on the evaluation methodology and importance of outcome focused programming.
• Maintain accurate, highly confidential information, including program participant data.
• Secure or develop and implement surveys and assessment tools to support collective impact work where needed.
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets, Filter and clean data sets.
• Develop charts, reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Participate in local data collaborative as needed such as Read Charlotte.
• Carry out special projects as assigned.
• In partnership with the Association Director of Grants and Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation, supervises the development and writing of creative, comprehensive reports for all major funding partners that demonstrate effective evaluation and outcome measurement.
• Assists the Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation to develop and implement an annual data dashboard and impact reports for YOGC programs.
• Work with partner organizations to prepare data reports as needed to support programming efforts.
• Creatively present data in a way that can be easily and quickly grasped by internal and external stakeholders.
• In partnership with Senior Association Director of Accountability, Impact and Evaluation and the Marketing and Public Relations departments, develop new methods and approaches to sharing the YOGC collective impact data to ensure a full understanding of programmatic impact.
• Synthesize data analysis into clear, relevant and visually appealing materials that can be used by the Program Selection, Resource Allocation Committee and the Social Responsibility Committee to make strategic decisions.
• Write and disseminate reports documenting indicator information and other research to develop useful knowledge for community stakeholders and to support the Y’s government relations and public awareness strategies.
• Actively maintain an inventory of the existing data landscape, including available sources, accessible data and major gaps.
YMCA Compentenices (Leader):
• Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
• Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
• Supports fund-raising.
• Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
• Builds rapport and relates well to others.
• Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively.
• Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
• Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
• Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
• Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process.
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education and skill requirements:
• Four-year degree in evaluation, statistics, social sciences, public policy or closely related field from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred
• At least 3-5 years experience completing research, evaluation or performance management duties.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative research, including collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
• Experience using Microsoft software, to include an advanced level competency in Microsoft Excel including the use of formulas, pivot tables, macros, lookup tables and functions and charts.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience training and coaching staff on outcomes, data driven results and best practices.
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
• Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office.
• Must be attentive to detail, be able to work under pressure of accuracy and deadlines.
• Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Must have excellent report development and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently, using discretion and independent judgment.
• Ability to work closely with Y branch teams and board members.
• Must be able to take initiative in making decisions and solving problems in the areas of assigned responsibilities.
• Must have excellent human relation skills.
• Ability to walk, stands and sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to maintain alertness for several hours at a time.
• Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling and walking.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule.