Strategic Marketing Manager
At SkillPop, we’re working to make in-person learning accessible. We’re a high-growth startup headquartered in Charlotte, NC and serving four markets in the Southeast (Raleigh, Greenville, Nashville, Charlotte). We have big ambitions for changing what learning looks like in today’s world.
We’re looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves marketing leader to help develop, grow and execute our marketing strategy. In this role, you’ll be SkillPop’s brand champion, spearheading marketing efforts to grow our loyal community of learners. You’ll work closely with our leadership team to develop monthly goals and strategy but will lead the way in executing the marketing plan. The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven thinker who thrives on a small team and can execute quickly.
• Be accountable for quarterly, monthly and weekly growth targets, ensuring that we hit ambitious growth targets in each of our local communities.
• Manage our editorial calendar, curating and developing content for each of our social media channels as well as our email newsletter.
• Manage our marketing budget and report on both digital and social strategies and results.
• Develop and manage campaigns for future new market launches.
• Build local relationships and partnerships in each of our markets.
• Work with our contract designers & photographers to keep an on-brand content library relevant and up-to-date.
Desired traits and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher and 1-3+ years in a marketing role.
• Experience developing or curating a brand’s visual aesthetic through graphic design or social media management. You have an eye for visual details.
• Robust communication, writing and editing skills. You’re excellent at creating and sharing stories with an established, consistent and authentic brand voice.
• Curious and data-driven. You approach marketing with a scientific mindset and treat every campaign as a test to learn from.
• Comfortable building and leveraging community relationships to get the word out. You get excited about finding and collaborating with new partners.
• You have great organization skills and high attention to detail.
• People who fit well on our team will also be strong communicators who have a passion for learning, can find creative solutions to any problem and put people first.
What to expect:
This full-time role is based in our Charlotte, NC office and will require some travel to each of our other markets (less than 25%, monthly), travel may increase during new city launches.