Preconstruction Administrative Assistant (HIRED)
Report to the Preconstruction Estimator, Project Managers and/or Owner on a daily basis. Be responsible for daily paperwork as it relates to estimating, coordination with subcontractors, scheduling and receiving bids and provide support to the Preconstruction Team to facilitate bid submission. Assist in the turnover of project documentation to the Project Management Team at award of the project.
What you will do:
• Assist in the preconstruction project from bid request to bid submission and turnover to Project Management.
• Perform a key role with the Preconstruction Estimator in setting up project and identification of resources needed.
• Set up and distribute calendar invites for site visits, subcontractor bid due dates and client bid due dates.
• Request and collect and review for accuracy, subcontractor bids. Prepare and organize folders for turnover from Estimating to Project Management.
• Issue addendum’s and clarifications during bid process to subcontractors.
• Maintain and update building subcontractor/vendor lists.
• Communicate effectively with Harker Teammates, Subcontractors, Architects and Owners throughout each project.
• Help to promote growth and development of Client and Design Professional relationships.
• Promote Harker at all times in a positive and professional manner.
• Maintain Client, Architect and Engineer relationships to facilitate successful completion of project estimates and future opportunities.
• Continual looks for new opportunities and communicate new opportunities to Owner and Management Team.
• Four-year college degree and/or building construction experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of construction cost, scheduling and architectural drawings.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, problem solver with strong organization skills.
Our core values:
• Hardworking, do what it takes, have fun.
• Gives back to the community.
• Self-motivated, exceeds expectations.
• Embraces teamwork.