Associate Vice President of Marketing/Creative Director
The Gardner-Webb University AVP Marketing, Creative Director plays an essential role in the marketing, creative, communications and digital departments. They are responsible for leading the Creative Services team, developing, enhancing and enforcing brand and creative guidelines as well as directing creative work, including print collateral, digital design, photography, email campaigns, television and radio advertising and many related tasks.
The Gardner-Webb Creative Director also must be a leader with the ability to maximize the talents of their team. They will work with copywriters, graphic designers, web designers, account managers and other marketers on a daily basis. The creative director guides all projects in Creative Services and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative department. He/she is also charged with influencing the creative work done in Marketing and Web and Social Media. This role is a player/coach and the Creative Director will produce content of their own as well as managing creative staff and act as liaison with various campus stakeholders/clients and the work done for them.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Manage the creative process from concept to completion.
• Leverage production management software for efficiency and accountability.
• Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
• Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, particularly advancement, academics and enrollment.
• Lead and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral.
• Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met.
• Oversee client relationships and production.
• Oversee deliverables, timelines and budgets.
• Meet with clients or management to address campaign strategies and solutions.
• Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams.
• Remain actively involved in hiring and managing vendors and contract creative staff.
• Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members, including designers, art directors, copywriters and others as needed.
• Manage university brand expectations throughout projects.
• Manage vendor quotes, invoices, mailing requirements for jobs in coordination with the University business office.
• The Creative Director is responsible for management of the Creative Services team and any additional vendors providing creative services support.
• The Creative Director reports directly to the Vice President for Marketing.
Applicants should send letter of application, resume, digital portfolio/samples and three professional references to Richard McDevitt, Vice President of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin May 10th and continue until the position is filled.
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, residential, private institution with a strong emphasis in the Liberal Arts, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville and Greenville-Spartanburg. The university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs to approximately 3,600 students. Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, sex, national origin, veteran status, handicap, age or any other basis prohibited by statute. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values.