Web Graphic Designer
The primary responsibilities of a Web Graphic Designer are to:
• Create strategic, purposeful and engaging user experiences designed to educate and persuade consumers
• Take ownership of all company websites providing creative strategy, design and reporting on latest web trends. Work with marketing creative team to ensure all brand standards and deadlines are met.
• Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and transform them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
• Collaborate with web development team to execute designs within deadlines.
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to IT/web development team.
• Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards around accessibility, page performance, brand consistency, navigation and SEO.
• BFA in Graphic Design from a college or accredited university is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of agency/corporate experience as a web graphic designer. Web/digital, e-commerce and/or mobile app experience highly desirable. Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
• A powerful portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, results and personal expression.
• Thorough knowledge of visual design principals, graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon development, corporate identity and branding.
• Experience with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Acrobat and Keynote is Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS and Sketch would also be highly desired.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required.
• Must be able to focus on and complete projects while maintaining ongoing and changing priorities. Should be able to grasp overarching business goals and apply those to detailed graphic design projects.
• Applicant should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, must be able to interact with all peer and management levels.
Skills and abilities:
• Must possess excellent graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps, designing for all device sizes, responsive, mobile, etc.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively and as part of a team.
• Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
• Must be able to develop and maintain a high-level understanding of all policies, procedures and protocol regarding customer accounts, documentation and reporting.
• Demonstrate malleability and aptitude to learn, process and effectively implement new policies and procedures as corporate standards are modified over time.
• Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and courteousness in the handling of both internal and customer inquiries.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must maintain a high level of product knowledge, including, but not limited to: current product features and specifications, current corporate promotions, pricing and discounts.
• Must be able and willing to perform at a high level of competency and accuracy to meet or exceed departmental standards while upholding the best interests of the customer and the company.
• Must be able to perform job responsibilities effectively both working in a team and individually.
• Must be self-motivated and able to take initiative to complete work in a highly accurate manner, within established timelines, guidelines and standards.
• Must be able and willing to listen, work as a functional member of a team and take direction as needed to meet goals and complete work.
• Must be able to develop and sustain positive and harmonious working relationships with all customers and colleagues.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have good problem solving and decision-making abilities.
• Must be able to understand and embrace the company core values, corporate goals, mission, vision and priorities as set forth by Management and be able to continually seek ways to meet or exceed goals and fulfill priorities.